Author Topic: chest feels weird  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Mach1

• Posting Member
I had my surgery with dr.Fielding 3 weeks ago tomorow and have been wearing the vest ever since. My one concern is that when i take it off, my whole chest feels a bit numb , like when you foot goes numb and my nips are sensitive. Is that normal?

Thanks

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
I could be wrong, but I think what your experiencing is perfectly normal.  Think of it like this my friend...If you sit down too long and you get up, won't your backside feel alittle numb until your blood can move to other areas alittle more freely?  Well it's just like your chest.  The vest is tight, and it's wrapped around your chest which stops the blood from going to other areas, and when you take it off your feeling the effects of numbness until the blood beings to circulate.  Now it's going to take alittle longer for the chest to stop feeling numb because it's been in the wrap for a while, but once you begin leaving it off for longer periods of time, the numb sensation should go away.  This might be what your experiencing, but like I said, I could be wrong, so I'd suggest letting your doc know the next time you see him/her.

P.S.  I wouldn't worry though because it really does seem harmless. 

Offline Mach1

• Posting Member
That was what I thought, but someone else telling me makes me more comfortable :)

Thanks

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
how are the results? i have surgery with him lined up in a couple months. moderate/severe case here. congrats on the surgery btw.

Offline Mach1

• Posting Member
So far so good. I had a moderate case I guess ( he said something like 400 ml he took out ) My right side is a bit more swollen than the right, but I ain't really worried about it. Scars seems to be healing well also, again too early I think to pass judgment.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024