Author Topic: Suggestions for soft cup underwire bras  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Zaphod B

That's right!  Lace is nice and should be embraced as something that can lift you up in every possible way.

I was going through the Amazon site a few weeks ago looking exclusively for lacy bras.  I decided on a very inexpensive one and purchased it solely on how it looked on the model.  I'm not going to try and kid you that I look like that, however I did  get one because I thought it was pretty.  It's not the most comfortable but I can wear it all day.  Some times if I meed to clean up for an evening I will wear it to end the day in style and as a pick me up from a hard day.  Point is I guess,  wear what makes you happy and makes you feel good about yourself.  After all it's ourselves we have to please.

https://www.amazon.com/HSIA-Minimizer-Coverage-Underwire-Non-Padded/dp/B09MQQTLNN/ref=sr_1_8?crid=CX1PD3MI5FYK&keywords=hsia%2Bbras%2Bfor%2Bwomen&qid=1706827845&sprefix=HSIA%2Caps%2C338&sr=8-8&th=1
I like the looks of that one a lot, better than the Bali.  And HSIA does have one style that comes in a B cup.  

Offline 42CSurprise!

Yeah, you always size the cup first then worry about the band. If the cup doesn't fit right, the rest doesn't matter.
This is how I did it.  Of course, I was scrambling all over the place trying to find a brassiere I liked.  I wasn't brave enough to go in for a fitting AND I'm basically a cheapskate so didn't want to spend fifty or sixty bucks to buy a brassiere.  I stumbled on a brassiere whose unlined cups conformed beautifully to my breasts.  It is an underwire brassiere that pulls the side flesh into the cup.  Alas, the band size was not large enough for me, so I experimented with an extender.  That worked but then the straps were so far out on my shoulder that they kept slipping down my arm.  I eventually tried a slender strap to hold my shoulder straps in place.  That arrangement has worked perfectly, though to wear it I need to reach behind my back to hook it

My suggestion for you is to check out a 40C brassiere from this company.  They don't make a B cup in this style, but what we know about sister sizing is that a 42B should translate into a 40C.  Here's a link to the brassiere... a Lilyette Plunge Into Comfort Keyhole Minimizer brassiere from Bali.  Good luck.  Glad you spoke up.  This is a great community for men with breasts who consider wearing brassieres.

https://www.onehanesplace.com/lilyette-by-bali-plunge-into-comfort-keyhole-minimizer-bra.html

Here's what it looks like when worn.

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
Second the vote for investigating an underwire minimizer style.  The few I’ve tried seem to collect underarm tissue while minimizing projection.  They are all unlined (so it seems).  Further a 40C minimizer seems to fit much like a 40B.

Offline Zaphod B

Yeah, you always size the cup first then worry about the band. If the cup doesn't fit right, the rest doesn't matter.
This is how I did it.  Of course, I was scrambling all over the place trying to find a brassiere I liked.  I wasn't brave enough to go in for a fitting AND I'm basically a cheapskate so didn't want to spend fifty or sixty bucks to buy a brassiere.  I stumbled on a brassiere whose unlined cups conformed beautifully to my breasts.  It is an underwire brassiere that pulls the side flesh into the cup.  Alas, the band size was not large enough for me, so I experimented with an extender.  That worked but then the straps were so far out on my shoulder that they kept slipping down my arm.  I eventually tried a slender strap to hold my shoulder straps in place.  That arrangement has worked perfectly, though to wear it I need to reach behind my back to hook it

My suggestion for you is to check out a 40C brassiere from this company.  They don't make a B cup in this style, but what we know about sister sizing is that a 42B should translate into a 40C.  Here's a link to the brassiere... a Lilyette Plunge Into Comfort Keyhole Minimizer brassiere from Bali.  Good luck.  Glad you spoke up.  This is a great community for men with breasts who consider wearing brassieres.

https://www.onehanesplace.com/lilyette-by-bali-plunge-into-comfort-keyhole-minimizer-bra.html

Here's what it looks like when worn.
I hadn't thought about an extender.  My wife has a 40C that doesn't fit her.  Going down to a 40 will give me a lot more choices.

Also this one looks interesting.  The 42B is only available in black.  Guess they don't expect to sell a lot in that size.
https://www.hsialife.com/collections/minimizer-bras/products/hsia-black-sunflower-underwire-lace-bra

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
One thing that needs to be considered if going down a band size and using an extender is the length of the straps.

The larger sized bra will have longer straps as well as a longer band, to cater for a proportionally larger torso. Going down a size might result in straps that are maxed out and unable to be adjusted to the correct length. Depending on body shape, of course.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I hadn't thought about an extender.  My wife has a 40C that doesn't fit her.  Going down to a 40 will give me a lot more choices.

Also this one looks interesting.  The 42B is only available in black.  Guess they don't expect to sell a lot in that size.
https://www.hsialife.com/collections/minimizer-bras/products/hsia-black-sunflower-underwire-lace-bra
If you're going to consider that you may wish to go adventuring... and save a bit of money.  This brassiere is $12.56...

Women's Embroidered Plus Size Bra Minimizer Unlined Underwire Full Cup Bra

Offline TikTak

• Posting Member
If you need a bra for the sake of good breast support, I can recommend Triumph Doreen based on my own experience.
Yes, it is not underwired, but it works better than many underwire bras.
Moments after you put it on, you forget you're wearing a bra, it holds so well that you can easily use it under a t-shirt for jogging.
If needed, I can show pictures of what it looks like in real life and not on a model.
I'm a size 40C (UK)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024