Author Topic: Anesthesia?!?! Any recommendations?!  (Read 4278 times)

Offline itsgoingdown

• Posting Member
Hey,

I'm back here again  ;D

Well after all i've decided to take the surgery and get rid of my puffy nipples. So i'm visiting a PS soon.

But I have one problem :( and that is the anesthesia!! I'm not afraid of the pain and all that but just going through anesthesia seems a little scary and need to mention this will be my first surgery.

Any recommendations? specially from those who've had this surgery and doctors. (I'm 20, puffy nipples, bodybuilder)

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
anesthesia is fun  ;D lol nothing to worry about you go in and next thing u know its several hours later and the surgerys over and you are kind of high.

Offline itsgoingdown

• Posting Member
Hey,

Thanks for the comments. Really do appriciate it!

Does the surgery go fast or do u feel whats happening in between?

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
Hey,

Thanks for the comments. Really do appriciate it!

Does the surgery go fast or do u feel whats happening in between?

Oh man, I dont remember anything after "Ok, Im giving you the sleepy stuff right now"  I was like, "Really?  I dont feel... SNOOOORE" and like 2 seconds later I woke up in recovery.  It's kinda funny too cause I told the anaesthesiologist that I was gonna fight the anaesthesia and to let me know when he's had enough lmao

Offline enthusiastic

• Posting Member
Ok,

I'm a heavy drinker.   I drink a few drinks a day and more on weekends.  I was worried that I'd feel something during surgery.

So, in the prep room I told the guy the TRUTH and he said, "dont' worry I'll take care of you".  He did.   When I was in the OR they started the anethesia and I was like...  I like fishing it's nice.   Then BLINK BLINK and there was the recovery room nurse asking me how I felt.

I'm telling you.   Anesthesia today is SO GOOD.  You won't feel a THING and the time you're in surgery goes by like a BLINK and you will never realize you were under.   It's amazing AMAZING!

Get it done.   Don't fret.  I worried and worried about it and for NO REASON! 

Of course, I did feel a little queazy afterwards, and I also got some extra good pain meds from the recovery room nurses. 

You should have seen her.   She was like an angel with drugs. 

DrBermant

Hey,

I'm back here again  ;D

Well after all i've decided to take the surgery and get rid of my puffy nipples. So i'm visiting a PS soon.

But I have one problem :( and that is the anesthesia!! I'm not afraid of the pain and all that but just going through anesthesia seems a little scary and need to mention this will be my first surgery.

Any recommendations? specially from those who've had this surgery and doctors. (I'm 20, puffy nipples, bodybuilder)

I prefer local anesthesia alone for anatomic nipple reduction as seen with this patient with long nipples. For almost all other gynecomastia surgery, local anesthesia with sedation provides a safer much more comfortable method.  When 2 stages are needed, as with this problem of puffy nipples and long nipples together, I perform the first stage with local sedation, and the second with local alone.

You can find an extensive individual patients' experience with comfort and my Tumescent Technique Anesthesia for gynecomastia here.

If you prefer direct links to each of those discussions:

anesthesia and comfort in gynecomastia patient from California

anesthesia and comfort after revision gynecomastia surgery in patient from Hong Kong China

comfort and anesthesia in physician's son with gynecomastia

comfort and anesthesia in gynecomastia patient from Florida

comfort and anesthesia in gynecomastia patient from Illinois

comfort and anesthesia with gynecomastia patient from Texas

comfort after gynecomastia surgery with patient from Colorado

comparing comfort and anesthesia of my revision surgery with prior gynecomastia surgery in Florida

comfort and anesthesia in patient 4 hours from Richmond with gynecomastia

parent of teenage patient with gynecomastia commenting about comfort after surgery

comfort after gynecomastia revision surgery on patient from UK

comparing comfort of my revision surgery to prior gynecomastia surgery done in NY

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline itsgoingdown

• Posting Member
Thank you all for the feedback. Really does help before going under knife.

Offline snuffy

• Posting Member
I don't know why you would need general anesthesia for gyno surgery.  I had both my glands removed and lipo done under local, (meaning I was awake the whole time and only my chest was numb) and I didn't feel a thing.  Incidently, I have had general anesthesia done for anterior cervical fusion surgery and wisdom teeth removal, and both of those were simple and painless.  Modern anesthesia is so good these days nothing hurts.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
had surgery under general 4 days ago. was exactly as i remembered you don't remember a thing after surgery. only this time i remember just fully feeling pain in my chest afterwards. they gave me some pill straight away then i couldn't feel anything again. kind of drifted in an out of sleep for a while. i really would not have liked having a general i was stressing enough about results without being aware of everything that happened during surgery. since surgery im in little pain as long as i don't move too much and take the painkillers its as if nothing happened. will be posting about results soon.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member

cody sockeye

I had wrist surgery about a month ago, it was my first surgery ever. Man, what a trip. Anesthesia is da bomb. I don't remember ANYTHING! I remember I was talking to my mom, sister, and grandmother and then the nurse came and said "I'm going to get him started on anesthesia now" and that was it. That was the last thing I remember. I woke up an hour after surgery with no pain, and then I took pain medication whenever I started feeling pain. Aside from a few post-surgery complications, I felt almost zero pain at all. So anesthesia is nothing to fear, my brother!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024