Author Topic: Amazing new hope for me.  (Read 1904 times)

Drummer

I just returned last week from a week at Myrtle Beach, SC.  I've learned to deal with my gynecomastia by taking off the shirt anyway.  When people gawk, point and giggle (it's amazing how they don't think I notice), I sit up and stare back at them with a knowing smile.  They immediately realize they were caught and turn away embarrassed.  If people are going to make me feel uncomfortable, then I think they deserve to feel uncomfortable, too.  Just my way of dealing with it so that I can "enjoy" the water with my wife and kids.

Anyway, after going from the 8th grade through high school and college with people calling me things like "Silver Dollar" (get it?),  it has taken me until this week to realize what is causing my large chest and wierd puffiness.  I want to thank all the people who have been brave enough to post comments and pictures here.  Your comments have helped me greatly.  I was on a beach last week believing I was all alone and doomed to never know what it's like to not have somebody laugh or point at my shirtless chest.  Now I have a consultation appointment with a plastic surgeon who specializes in this surgury.   I didn't mean to type such a long post, but the emotions and excitement I'm feeling are difficult to restrain.  I'll keep you informed on how things go after my August 10th consultation.  Thanks again to all of you who have posted.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024