Author Topic: Post Op Questions--Again--Please Help!  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
I had my resection gynecomastia surgery on Jan 6, 2010 and am now over four months post-op.  I started lifting again about two months ago and still wear my wrap every so often.  I did not, however wear my compression wrap as much as I should have in the first few weeks because it is so terribly inconvenient (as I am a student).  There are now lumps under each nipple that are painful sometimes and are bigger sometimes compared to other times and my nipples are very sensitive.  When I do wear my compression wrap (especially if I use gauze on the nips for extra pressure) it totally alters the way my 'lumps' feel and look.  It looks and feels just like my old gyno (with the slight exception that if I play with it (i.e. massage) it seems to break up pieces around it, but the main nucleus of the 'lump' stays intact and is very hard).  Is this just swelling? or perhaps something worse?  My doctor has been performing this surgery for over 15 years and I trust him I am just nervous because this looks and feels like the gyno I had, and you know what they say if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...its probably a duck.  Am I overreacting?  He says it should go down and eventually be completely gone and that all of the breast tissue was removed.

Also, let it be noted that immediately after my surgey I was flat without the presence of any 'lump' just some fluid like swelling.  In fact I was so flat that my one nipple even creased in a bit (nothing too bad and I would be more than happy if that was my final result).

Also, let it be noted that the lump on the left side is about twice the size of the one on the right, just as my gyno was before surgery.  Don't know if that is a good sign or bad.

Thanks all, God Bless.

Michael

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Michael...

In some cases, it takes up to a full year or more, to see final results...

Chill dude...  

Give your body more time to heal...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
got ya, but is this 'lump' i'm feeling normal?  like is that something all or at least most experience after surgery?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Could be scar tissue dude...  do the 'lumps' feel hard or soft?

GB...

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
soft and inconsistent around and then hard on the inside, the hard part is almost like a perfect ball.  I didnt think it could be scar tissue because it seems to be a lot and I can feel the scar tissue where the incisions were made..

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
anyone else care to help shed some light on the matter please?

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
I had my surgery 14 weeks ago and what remains for me are two hard lumps under my nipples.

The one on the left is a bit larger but the edges are not as defined. It feels not quite as big as a lima bean. The nipple itself is not sensitive, but if I get poked or jabbed right on the spot it hurts.

The one of the right feels about as big as a pea and is directly under my nipple. Again, direct pressure right on the spot is very uncomfortable.

All of the other hard areas that I had after the surgery are long gone, so I'm hoping these will eventually fade too.

I try to remember to massage them. Does anyone know exactly how you're suppose to do that? I just stick my hand on my chest and push the tissue around in circles. Is there something more specific I should be doing?

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
Does anyone who has gone through this have any actual insights as to whether or not this will either go away or reduce in size?

Offline kaka

• Posting Member
I,m 8wks post surgery and also feel the same scar/tissue you guys described. They hurt a bit when i apply pressure. i get to see my doc 6/16/10. i will definately let him know..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024