Author Topic: Gyno or Fat?  (Read 2006 times)

Offline robj123

• Posting Member
Hello,
I am 38 yrs old. I've been athletic my whole life and always in half decent shape with a semi-muscular build, but I've always held stubborn body fat in my chest and abs (like a lot of men).  Right now I'm just getting back into working out after a couple years of low activity. I am 5'5" and currently weigh 170lbs and just got a caliper body fat test done.  I am approximately 19-20% body fat.

Over the last three years I have noticed that even though I know I've always had stubborn fat on my chest, my lower chest around my nipples and side of my chest have seemed to hold more fat than usual. I'm concerned that this might be gyno.  The only thing that has changed in the last few years (besides low activity) is that I was on Zoloft for two years for anxiety issues.  I'm hoping that if I can drop about 10 pounds of fat, my chest will lose this shape.

Opinions please.  Pictures in next post because I'm having trouble uploading them on this post.

Offline robj123

• Posting Member

Offline robj123

• Posting Member

Offline robj123

• Posting Member

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
I really can't tell whether there's anything there or not.  What about from a side angle?  Do you have something that resembles a breast from the side?  The chest points out on guys who have gyne--well, at least mine did. 

Like you, I always had a stubborn fat on my chest, and no matter how hard i worked out, it never went away.  I finally took the plunge and got surgery about 5 weeks ago.  It was the best decision I ever made. 

Good luck

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Everty man has some glandular breast tissue and some fat in the breast area. An excess of either or both would be called Gynecomastia.

The only question then becomes at what point is it considered excessive. Oddly, that is not at all objective; If you think it is excessive, then it is. The condition is essentially self diagnosed.
Grandpa Dan

Offline robj123

• Posting Member
Anyone else?

Offline hang_lo

• Posting Member
Agree with Paw Paw.. as guys get older, our bodies change. There is (naturally) going to be some drooping of the chest, some extra fat distributed in the chest area, and nipples get stretched in some cases. Gynecomastia .. perhaps... do these cases require surgical intervention.. in most cases not. IT'S NORMAL. If it disturbs you ... that's another story. In your case, you seem absolutely normal. Whatever that means.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024