Author Topic: Can loose skin/weight loss be a problem?  (Read 2680 times)

Offline jonny555

Hi, I'm 17, 5'8" 140lbs and I recently lost about 35 pounds in the last half of a year.  I seem to have a mild case of "puffy nipples".  Is it possible that this is because of loose skin?  I had gained weight during puberty but before it did not have this problem. I don't believe there is much fat, if any, left in that area and I don't feel the hard thing that I saw a few people mention behind it. I do believe that the condition has improved, it has around my stomach area (skin tightening) and can only hope that it works for this too. Any information on whether or not this is possible would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
At your age, and with a weight loss of 35 pounds, I do not think sagging skin would be an issue.

It is generally thought that glandular tissue is firm while fatty tissue is soft. The truth is that even a skilled Dr. can be misled due to normal variations in the texture of the tissue.

As with the upper abdomen, the breast area is a normal place for fatty deposits even in otherwise lean men.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024