Author Topic: how many people have scars?  (Read 6817 times)

Offline aguywithproblems

• Posting Member
how many people have had the surgery and have noticeable scars? im going to get surgery done soon, and i want to see the chances i have of no one even noticing that i had surgery.

Offline mumbai.experience

• Posting Member
Totally depends on your surgeon and your body's capacity to recover.

I got my surgery and the marks are only visible if you take a closer look.

Pretty happy with the results though

DrBermant

how many people have had the surgery and have noticeable scars? im going to get surgery done soon, and i want to see the chances i have of no one even noticing that i had surgery.

Results for any operation depend on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), skill of your doctor, how you heal, after care,
Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors.

You can find many examples of my scars on my website.  Of course this is typical for my patients with my techniques. To best understand what any one doctor achieves, you should be checking what that surgeon's results are like.

Gynecomastia Gallery - Pictures of Bodybuilders

Gynecomastia Gallery - Puffy Nipples

Gynecomastia Gallery - Teenagers and Adolescent Males

Here are 3 more sections with large size views before / after surgery:

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery - part I

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery - part II

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery - part III

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Once there is a cut through the skin, the body will heal with a scar -- not virgin skin again.  How the scar heals will depend on the part of the body (certain areas predictably do not heal well), the skill of the surgeon, whether there was infection and most importantly, how your body tends to heal.  Some of these factors are controllable -- some are not.

Fortunately, the scars usually resulting from gyne surgery tend to heal quite well in the vast majority of patients.  The scar around the edge of the areola, can, in some cases, become virtually invisible.  It is impossible to perform gyne surgery without leaving some type of scar.

Best advice:  look at a variety of post op photos of patients from your chosen surgeon -- but bear in mind that everyone heals individually and there can be no promises or guarantees as to how you will heal.  Also be aware that if a scar does heal poorly, plastic surgeons are adept at improving them -- so you do have a "second chance"

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

When you are evaluating and looking at typical scars that result from a doctor's sculpture, pay attention to the details. Good scars should look good both at rest and in animation. How do the scars look when flexing muscles or lifting arms up over head. After Gynecomastia Surgery Video even more critically demonstrate scar issues on motion.

Be careful of a presentation about a doctor's work that only shows a limited number of views, especially if the choice of views varies from patient to patient. That is a real concern for evaluation of results. At some angles some problems are better hidden or shown. That may be why some doctors choose different angles for different patients to show before after. A better analysis involves seeing the entire set and video if available.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline tomo25mcr

• Posting Member
I have got scars from my surgery last december but they are slowly fading and in years to come they wont be hardly noticeable. My problem is that my nipples (especially the left 1 which had more gland) are still pointy and puffy a bit, they are much better than they were but i really am hoping that in time they will flatten out to look more normal.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Scar tissue exists on the surface, where the surgeon made his incision.  But scar tissue also exists under the skin -- actually on the entire area where the surgery was done -- including under the areola.

Sometimes after surgeon, for reasons known only to Mother Nature, you can experience some growth of scar tissue which often mimics a recurrence of your gyne.  Such may the case with you.

Would recommend returning to your surgeon to discuss the matter.  If either/both nipples were flat after surgery and have now become slightly puffy, it may be that you have developed some scar tissue.  Possible treatment may include an injection of kenalog or similar medication.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024