Author Topic: Dr. Bermant  (Read 3775 times)

Offline puffman1

• Posting Member
I have been thinking about confronting my parents about getting surgery. I am 21 years old and have had puffy nipple since I was 15. I am 5'10 155 lbs and am one of those that just has large, very hard glands under both my nipples. They are dome shaped and stick out over half an inch. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.

I know that it is probably all over this site, but when one gets surgery, how long does it take to return to normal daily things such as going to work (where I have a physical job) or lifting weights?

I live in South Carolina and am insured by BCBS. Have you ever heard of them covering this surgery?

If not, can you give me a ball park answer on how much the total cost will be? I know your website say $2800 plus operating room fees, anestesia fees, and the individual themselves. Can you just give me an estimate of how much it all costs together, or the average with everything included?

If I decided to set up an appointment with you and decided to get the surgery, typically how long in advance do I need to schedule the surgery. In other words, what is the average wait time between the appointment and the next available time that you can do a surgery? Weeks, months?

Thanks for your help if you can answer these questions. Depending on your answers and my parents, hopefully I can schedule something with your office very soon.

DrBermant

I have been thinking about confronting my parents about getting surgery. I am 21 years old and have had puffy nipple since I was 15. I am 5'10 155 lbs and am one of those that just has large, very hard glands under both my nipples. They are dome shaped and stick out over half an inch. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.

Instead of confrontation, consider helping them become aware about your issues and problems during a discussion. Many patients have told me that this Video About the Emotion and Stress Living with Gynecomastia was a valuable tool in helping their parents / family better understand their concerns.

I know that it is probably all over this site, but when one gets surgery, how long does it take to return to normal daily things such as going to work (where I have a physical job) or lifting weights?

Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, what needs to be done, and other factors. I work hard to help quicken recovery with minimal bruising and injury to tissues. This is real surgery and tissues need a chance to recover before being stressed too far. My desk job patients are typically back to work the day after surgery. Heavy duty activity takes longer. This surgery is like having a sprain. Easing back into activity is better. With bodybuilding, no pain, no gain. In healing, ignore the pain and you will hurt the gain.

I live in South Carolina and am insured by BCBS. Have you ever heard of them covering this surgery?

If not, can you give me a ball park answer on how much the total cost will be? I know your website say $2800 plus operating room fees, anestesia fees, and the individual themselves. Can you just give me an estimate of how much it all costs together, or the average with everything included?

If I decided to set up an appointment with you and decided to get the surgery, typically how long in advance do I need to schedule the surgery. In other words, what is the average wait time between the appointment and the next available time that you can do a surgery? Weeks, months?

We see many patients from South and North Carolina and around the world who prefer my techniques. Most start with our Preliminary Remote Discussion to minimize travel.

Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated and what needs to be done. We see so many different types of gynecomastia that one price fits all would not be fair to our men with less complex problems. Jane is my office manager and can better discuss typical costs, fees, and what time we have available / lead time before surgery.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Thanks for your help if you can answer these questions. Depending on your answers and my parents, hopefully I can schedule something with your office very soon.

Some patients ask that their parents be part of the early discussion and education process. Of course this is up to the individual, I see it both ways. We look forward to helping you explore your concerns.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024