Author Topic: puffy nipples & gyne  (Read 3706 times)

Offline cyanide

• Posting Member
i have had this condition for around 16 yrs. im 30 yrs old and feel Iv lost my twenties due to this cripilling deformaty its stopped me enjoying life to the full making me an intrevert rather than the outgoing person I know i really am. I have resorted to taping my nipples down and back to create a more flatter look it works well but it does hurt taking it off and usually leaves red raw marks. Im praying I can save the money for the op so I can at least enjoy some of my life

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to gyne.org. 

Here you will find many others with the same or similar problems -- both physical and emotional.  This is a place to vent your frustrations and to receive empathy and compassion from fellow sufferers.  And there are solutions offered as well.

For the moment, while you are saving for surgery, your best alternative would be to wear a firm compression shirt.  This is far better than taping your nipples -- which can injure your skin and sometimes result in severe pigmentation problems which may be long lasting.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline cyanide

• Posting Member
Thx doc, do u know of any good sites to purchase these shirts, Im from Australia and what particular one is best?
Warm regards

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There are many good compression garments available, among them UnderArmour, Underworks, Design Veronique and others.  Try searching "male compression garments" and begin your search there.

There is also a section on compression garments on this site -- many guys post their favorites there.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024