Author Topic: Genie Bra  (Read 19656 times)

Online davidinno

• Posting Member
I usually use a sports bra (like the Danskin light pullover bras sold at Walmart) but recently saw the ads for the Genie bra.  Happened to see them on the shelf at KMart and bought a double pack.  Lately the boobs have been pretty sensitive and I was looking for even less smoosh than the Danskins provide.  After wearing one all day at work, I am very pleased....very comfortable, good (but not extreme) support.  Did not use the pads that came with them (and are removable); the bra was even more comfortable with them in, but gave more projection than I was willing to live with.

Anyone else tried these?  Also, they only seem to have 2-packs with a beige and a black on store shelves, and I'd prefer white and beige.

hammer

You can get them on line, I believe they come in a 6 pack.

I use the Magic Bra for when I want very discrete lite support. They are very similar to the genie bra but don't have the inside pad. They do not give me much support (I'm a DD) but better then nothing.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
Is there a functional difference between these two bras and a bralette or even a yoga bra?

Seems like its a lot of advertising...

There are a lot of bras that are meant for light support that will not have much in the way of adjusters or clasps. But then you dont really get more than fabric support which wears out over time.

hammer

All I can say is the magic bra isn't that good especially for someone s big as I am! I do not use them that often, just when I can't wear a regular one.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Crazy amount of advertising. 

I have thought about it, but the women who have reviewed it on the web most don't seem thrilled about the support.  I am not terribly large, but don't like the movement at all.  Compression bras work, but tend to be more uniboob. 

But at $20, I can get a decent sports bra instead. 

Places like TJMaxx and Marshalls and Ross have often very good prices on new stuff, just a bit out of date or overstock.  I don't care, no one sees it....

Is there a functional difference between these two bras and a bralette or even a yoga bra?

Seems like its a lot of advertising...

There are a lot of bras that are meant for light support that will not have much in the way of adjusters or clasps. But then you dont really get more than fabric support which wears out over time.

hammer

Now that I have been wearing a bra for some time now, support means much more then the Idea that I too had at one time that bras were not for guys. As I said before as well as and meany others, they are for supporting breast, and that is it! That being said, just this morning I said to my wife as I put one on, "I still can't believe these are so big, they don't belong here, there are women that would love these"! I think I was in denial about their size for years.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
When you read reviews on line, whether it be for products or services, keep in mind that satisfied customers rarely write a review while unhappy customers often write them.

Having recently moved, I was looking at reviews of the local hospitals and was apalled. On a whim I looked at the reviews of the hospital which I loved and had used for many years. My favorite old hospital had a string of very bad reviews and no good ones so I wrote a good review myself and specifically addressed some of the complaints of others.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
So true, many times I look for the bad only and weigh out what the complaints are.  If I see problems like poor manufacture or consistently sized wrong or irregular or whatever, I avoid.  Sometimes it is piddly stuff that doesn't mean much if anything.

And yes, very few people write good reviews. I do often on Amazon when I buy parts online.  I get my car parts there, cheaper than the parts store and often I get OEM parts instead of who knows made in China parts with dubious quality. 

When you read reviews on line, whether it be for products or services, keep in mind that satisfied customers rarely write a review while unhappy customers often write them.

Having recently moved, I was looking at reviews of the local hospitals and was apalled. On a whim I looked at the reviews of the hospital which I loved and had used for many years. My favorite old hospital had a string of very bad reviews and no good ones so I wrote a good review myself and specifically addressed some of the complaints of others.

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Just came to accept my problem a few weeks ago.   Hammer suggested the Just my size 1256 bra for support.  It works!  No lace!.  The 46 D gives me plenty of support and eliminates the  neck, shoulder and back pain.  Go figure.  Any body gives you any crap tell them to mind their own business.  Accept the problem guys.  You will feel allot better.  Good Luck.

hammer

Just came to accept my problem a few weeks ago.   Hammer suggested the Just my size 1256 bra for support.  It works!  No lace!.  The 46 D gives me plenty of support and eliminates the  neck, shoulder and back pain.  Go figure.  Any body gives you any crap tell them to mind their own business.  Accept the problem guys.  You will feel allot better.  Good Luck.

Congrats on moving forward on acceptance! I'm glad that you found a bra that worked! I just wrote my 2ND review today for JMS on the front close bra, that I also like very much! I do not hid the fact that I am a male on my reviews and that I have gyne, and explain what it is. I also use Hammer as my handle there as well. I hope to educate some if possible.

My wife and I both got a good laugh just last week. We were getting up for the day, her for the work day and me to care for a continuing back problem, but we both were putting our bras on at the same time and found it funny. Any why, I wish that I would have over came the manly problems in the mids 90's when I first tried a bra, but could not overcome the shame or "men don't wear bras, BS"!

Now I put it on first thing in the morning and it is the last thing that comes off. You are right, what an improvement!
I spell relief, BRA!

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Hey Hammer.  I hear ya!  Wish I had a doctor who cared enough to talk to me about my problem years ago.  The Just my size 1256 is the deal.  No lace and plenty of support.  I just wish I could tell all the guys to go ahead and accept the condition and talk about it with their significant other as they say these days.  My wife was really cool with the issue.  I feel so much better now. 

hammer

I had no doctor talk to me about it. I don't know if you have read my story yet (my story after all these years) in my stories. I had this as a teen but didn't think anything of it! I didn't like it but I thought some were small and some were big, and I just happen to have big ones!

I always had a good self esteem, and was able to kick any ones ass so no one tried to give me a hard time about it. I try to build up peoples self esteem here and tell them not to let the breast control their lives, but they should hold their head up and be proud of them selves no matter what! Then someone accused me of trying to get everyone to just accept this as normal and never have surgery. He said the younger guys would live a sexless life, but I am a father of 5 and have 2 grandsons so I can dispute that belief.

Surgery is fine, but not for everyone and we should not be required to have it to be accepted either. I am still pushing for people, guest and members alike to send an e-mail to the doctor Oz show to do a segment on gynecomastia, so if you are reading this and have not done so, please do. doctoroz.com. This could help everyone, whether you plan to have surgery or not.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
8 children, 26 Grandchildren and two more great-grandchildren on the way to make 5 so far.

Does this sound like I have led a sexless life?

The contention that acceptance will lead to a sexless life is pure camel dung.  (They will not let me type in the other stuff.)

hammer

Paa_Paw you have said it all! Your words speak volumes!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:21:27 AM by hammer »

Offline KitMayer12

• Posting Member
Because of my DD ladies, I was scared to spring for a Genie bra for fear it wouldn't fit (other sport bras don't either)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024