Author Topic: sports bra alternative  (Read 7077 times)

TomJones

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:42:04 PM by TomJones »

hammer

Tom, it would be nice if you could post a picture of yourself if you were open to it like mine of my bra, just neck to below breast to see how it fits.

That really goes for any of us here! It really helps us to see the fit. Only if your comfortable with it!

Bob

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member

hammer

That's not what I meant! I'll bet none of you have the shapes like she does!  Showing a picture of the bra on myself in the two post that I did gives a better idea of how it fits on a male! We are built different with wider shoulders and across the chest so it is a much different look then a female in the same shirt or bra.

The other problem I found is that many of the shoulder straps are not long enough, so what works for most females may not work for us guys. This could also save us a lot of trial and error in finding what works for us when we really are able to help each other.

I ordered a couple t-shirts from the woman within to see if the cut of the shirt will be a good fit. I expect them to arrive one Monday. I'll let you know what I find once I try them on.

Personally I have nothing to hid and no reason not to post the pictures I have! I've meet many of the guys on the forum on both sections via phone, or emails, I've meet some in my travels and I even Skype with some! We are guys with a very common bond here and there is no reason not to be friends and helpful, but still maintain and respect privacy.

Bob
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:19:25 AM by hammer »

hammer

Thanks Tom! I do remember your original post very well! I'm cursed or blessed with a very good memory depending on how you want to look at it!

I think it's great when we post our pictures as we are here to help and support each other out and shouldn't feel the need to hide.

I don't think that shirt with the shelf bra would work for me, as I'm just to darn big!

I've hit kinda a mile stone this past week. Debbie fell down the stairs 5 weeks ago Friday and hurt herself pretty bad as far as giving herself some high pain levels, and having trouble sitting long and walking far without pain. I've been driving her back and forth to work and I've started to wear nothing but a regular t-shirt over my bra! No cover shirt like I was such as an open button down when I'm out and about, just a tee shirt!

This actually feels very good and refreshing not to care!

Offline walt

• Gold Member
Hi guys im not sure that the shirt would work for me I have a large chest diameter and wear a 48B bra and as for a T shirt usually a 3xlong I got a nice girl tank in a 4xw long fits great but the wife does not like capped sleeves on a man so I cut them off anyhow ill try to find a shelf bra tank and try it on.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
That's not what I meant! I'll bet none of you have the shapes like she does!  Showing a picture of the bra on myself in the two post that I did gives a better idea of how it fits on a male! We are built different with wider shoulders and across the chest so it is a much different look then a female in the same shirt or bra.

The other problem I found is that many of the shoulder straps are not long enough, so what works for most females may not work for us guys. This could also save us a lot of trial and error in finding what works for us when we really are able to help each other.

I ordered a couple t-shirts from the woman within to see if the cut of the shirt will be a good fit. I expect them to arrive one Monday. I'll let you know what I find once I try them on.

Personally I have nothing to hid and no reason not to post the pictures I have! I've meet many of the guys on the forum on both sections via phone, or emails, I've meet some in my travels and I even Skype with some! We are guys with a very common bond here and there is no reason not to be friends and helpful, but still maintain and respect privacy.

Bob

Best I could offer was the image from Kmart/Sears as I dont have this shirt.
I think it would not offer enough support for me. Would not show bra lines though which is cool.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
Was going to order some tanks from women within, less than 20.00. Canada shipping is 9.00 which is good, but then they want to charge me 7.00 Canadian tax on the shirts. Tax is not payable on imports under 25.00 and would be less than 2.60 CDN. Kinda put me off.

hammer

Was going to order some tanks from women within, less than 20.00. Canada shipping is 9.00 which is good, but then they want to charge me 7.00 Canadian tax on the shirts. Tax is not payable on imports under 25.00 and would be less than 2.60 CDN. Kinda put me off.

No way, that is BS.  Here in Minnesota no tax on cloths at least for now yet some of the democrats have been trying to get it passed!

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member

No way, that is BS.  Here in Minnesota no tax on cloths at least for now yet some of the democrats have been trying to get it passed!

They use a third party to ship outside the USA for them. They somehow think I should pay tax on something not taxable and at a rate of 35%. Our sales tax here is 13% and the shirts would be exempt.

Going to try and find some plus size female tanks local, but we have few stores here.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
Hammer,
Here is my introduction post and it shows my breasts.
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/17/accepted-most-likely/

I will attach some pics with me wearing the tank top shelf bra.

What I do like about the shelf bra tank top vs a male athletic shirt is that my nipples are no longer rubbed and tormented throughout the day.

Tom

Holds you down tight, but a bigger size may look and feel better, unless you like it tight.

TomJones

I wear these instead of a sports bra to keep from bouncing during physical activities.

I may take your advice and purchase a large for everyday comfort.

Tom
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:16:00 AM by TomJones »

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I would like to find a tank like that only most aren't near long enough for me.  I want to be long enough it doesn't pull up when I raise my arms up.

Offline SVTinker

I would like to find a tank like that only most aren't near long enough for me.  I want to be long enough it doesn't pull up when I raise my arms up.

Do a search for S84 Boxercraft Ladies' Racer Tank. I was wearing some Soffee tanks w/shelf bra, but they were WAY too short. The S84 can be too long.

TomJones

When I raise my arms with the K-Mart tank top tucked into my pants, they do not come out.  I am 5'7", and the medium is long enough for me.
TJ
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:24:53 AM by TomJones »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024