Author Topic: Any Runners Out There  (Read 5220 times)

Offline ms95382

• Posting Member
Hi,

I have gynecomastia like most of you.  I'm not very big, 36A/B.  I am very active doing medium impact exercise and running up to 10 miles/week.  Anyway, in the past few months I have been having more pain and noticeably more bounce during exercise and have finally considered a sports bra.  Can anyone recommend something that I could wear for this type of activity.  I'm not to the point where I want to wear something all the time and I would prefer something that is relatively stealthy under a fitness type shirt.

I have been looking on Amazon and see a few possibilities:

Zensah Seamless Sports Bra

Nike Pro Classic Padded Bra Black

Champion Women's Freedom Seamless Racerback Sports Bra.

Any opinions on these or alternate suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Check out the Coobie bras.  Herroom.com has a good selection.  The ones with the wider straps would probably look less like a bra under a shirt.  They come with removable pads that will give some protection for your breasts.  You can always wear it without the pads if you feel like they make your chest too noticeable.  I have 3 of the Coobie Comfort Bras #9060 and I love them.  Right now Herroom.com is running a sale on them.  Check them out at www.herroom.com/coobie-9060-comfort-bra.shtml

You might also check out the Leading Lady #110 Front Close Leisure Bra.  You can either get them at Herroom.com or at LeadingLady.com.  Since it closes in the front there is no tell-tale lump under your shirt in the back.  They are also very comfortable for long-term wear.  I have 3 of these, also, and I wear one whenever I'm working in the yard.  They are light weight and they launder easily.

I hope these help.  Good luck.  I have found my bras by trial and error.  Both Herroom and Leading Lady are great about accepting returns if things don't fit.

Offline fairviewL

• Posting Member
Walmart sells some Hanes in a 2 pack. All cotton. Tough to get on over the head, a real workout to get it off. Like to know how women do it cause there has got to be a better way than I'm doing it. 

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
Check out the Coobie bras.  Herroom.com has a good selection.  The ones with the wider straps would probably look less like a bra under a shirt.  They come with removable pads that will give some protection for your breasts.  You can always wear it without the pads if you feel like they make your chest too noticeable.  I have 3 of the Coobie Comfort Bras #9060 and I love them.  Right now Herroom.com is running a sale on them.  Check them out at www.herroom.com/coobie-9060-comfort-bra.shtml

You might also check out the Leading Lady #110 Front Close Leisure Bra.  You can either get them at Herroom.com or at LeadingLady.com.  Since it closes in the front there is no tell-tale lump under your shirt in the back.  They are also very comfortable for long-term wear.  I have 3 of these, also, and I wear one whenever I'm working in the yard.  They are light weight and they launder easily.

I hope these help.  Good luck.  I have found my bras by trial and error.  Both Herroom and Leading Lady are great about accepting returns if things don't fit.

Those wont give much support. A sports bra will hold things down better if you have bounce issues. All these do is stop nipple rub.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
Walmart sells some Hanes in a 2 pack. All cotton. Tough to get on over the head, a real workout to get it off. Like to know how women do it cause there has got to be a better way than I'm doing it.

If they are the one piece stretch style like an Ahh or Genie bra, you step into them.

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I where a moving comfort vero A/B when excersizing. It is designed for high impact. You would I think wear a large. You still can find them on the web for sale.  Ebay has a few like 1/2 off.. Note it does have a small amount of padding so don't ware a tight shirt unless you want to be noticed. It is designed for high impact support and encapsulation and not compression..  It is convertible. It seems the cross straps give the most support when running. Belive me your breasts barely move..  Occasionally I will go out to run /walk fast without one and after I get back im like nope..  A big thing with me was I was getting raw you know whats.. Also the top of my chest would hurt from bounce each stride.   This eliminated that..  Im a roughly 38b/40a.  There are other bras on moving comforts site that probably would work well. I have nothing but good things to say about them.  When exceriszing I just ware a dark medium thickness t shirt and no one is the wiser.  I just wish my wife would let me get a second one. She does not belive I need one. However the under armor compression shirt she got me doesn't do jack crap with bounce. 

I would suggest there stabilize collection..

brooksrunning.com/en_us/moving-comfort-sports-bras/

I would suggest using their calculator before buying..

brooksrunning.com/en_us/sports-bra-finder

Offline ms95382

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies so far.  Looking at the Coobie, Leading Lady, and Hanes, I don't think any of those are going to provide adequate support for running.
The Moving Comfort Vero looked promising, but it appears they are discontinued.
The other thing I was hoping to avoid is the adjusters on the back and also the back clasp since I think these might make it more noticeable under a workout shirt.
Thanks,
Mike

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Admittedly, I don't run unless someone or something is chasing me, so I can't speak from experience.  However, in the interest of trying to be of help I just went to Herroom.com and searched on "sports bras".  A huge selection of sports bras came up, some of which are on sale.  A lot are pullover, so there won't be any hardware to show under clothing.  Some encapsulate the breasts, while others compress them.  Most of them have reviews, which should help in making a selection.  Herroom is terrific about returns and refunds if you don't find what you want the first time, and their shipping is very fast.   Their expedited shipping is only $2 more than their standard, so I nearly always choose the expedited.  I generally receive my order in 2 days by USPS after they ship it.  Good luck.

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the replies so far.  Looking at the Coobie, Leading Lady, and Hanes, I don't think any of those are going to provide adequate support for running.
The Moving Comfort Vero looked promising, but it appears they are discontinued.
The other thing I was hoping to avoid is the adjusters on the back and also the back clasp since I think these might make it more noticeable under a workout shirt.
Thanks,
Mike

I have read good things about the vixen A/B. Its raceback no HW... brooksrunning.com/en_us/vixen-sports-bra-ab/300290.html?dwvar_300290_color=918#start=8

Offline ms95382

• Posting Member
I have read good things about the vixen A/B. Its raceback no HW... brooksrunning.com/en_us/vixen-sports-bra-ab/300290.html?dwvar_300290_color=918#start=8

Does anyone have this one?  I'm just wondering if the seam in the front would show through a normal athletic work out shirt.

Offline SpartanCQC

Hi, I've got the Champion Women's Freedom and it sits relatively well when running.  I'm at a 38B and it does a good job of keeping everything put. It's not too terribly tight, but it is enough to keep movement to a minimum and doesn't show up to bad under clothes.

Offline TigerPaws

Running? 
Only when someone is shooting at me, the knees are not what they used to be.

Offline ms95382

• Posting Member
So I ended up getting the Champion Women's Freedom Seamless Racerback from Amazon last week, but didn't get a chance to run with it on until this morning.  I got it in large (I don't have a large upper body)  and was easy enough to get on and off.  
This did a great job of keeping me from bouncing.  I'm very pleased.  The only thing I'm not crazy about is the adjusters on the back as they can show through a bit easier than everything else.

This weekend I bought a Moving Comfort Vixen A/B at male thingy's Sporting Goods.  I got a great deal at only $18, which is less than half the price I'm seeing online.  Anyway I got a large like the Champion and could not get the thing over my head.  Sadly, they did not have an XL for the exchange.  Its a bit frustrating seeing such a range between brands in the same size.

Thanks for your help guys.  I'm still open for suggestions from runners or high impact exercisers out there since I'd like to have more than one.  It can be a pain to wash every day.

Offline TigerPaws

So I ended up getting the Champion Women's Freedom Seamless Racerback from Amazon last week, but didn't get a chance to run with it on until this morning.  I got it in large (I don't have a large upper body)  and was easy enough to get on and off.  
This did a great job of keeping me from bouncing.  I'm very pleased.  The only thing I'm not crazy about is the adjusters on the back as they can show through a bit easier than everything else.

This weekend I bought a Moving Comfort Vixen A/B at male thingy's Sporting Goods.  I got a great deal at only $18, which is less than half the price I'm seeing online.  Anyway I got a large like the Champion and could not get the thing over my head.  Sadly, they did not have an XL for the exchange.  Its a bit frustrating seeing such a range between brands in the same size.

Thanks for your help guys.  I'm still open for suggestions from runners or high impact exercisers out there since I'd like to have more than one.  It can be a pain to wash every day.
ms95382 our new SportsVest will certainly hold your breasts comfortably in place but I am not certain that it will preform well as a runners garment, that is not its intended purpose.The fabrics required would be very different for serious sports. I have worn the prototype out deep sea fishing, fast paced walking (sorry the knees will no longer take the pounding of running), riding a bicycle (not sure yet if I would recommend that, the garment chafes a bit when bent over for extended periods). I am not a golfer so I cannot comment on that, for general house and garden work most men will be very comfortable and as long as you are not wearing a tight fitting shirt the SportsVest will be all but invisible.  

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I have used the Champion 6632 sports bra which does some compression. I am currently a 44 D and still have some bounce but not much and it is comfortable. Additionally, the sizes in the 6632 run very true. I usually wear one all day at work to protect the "girls" from boiler room episodes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024