Author Topic: Are we that rare of a breed?  (Read 5221 times)

steven618

I understand gynecomastia is in many of men in all various walks of life and sizes from puffy nipples to full blown breasts of multiple choice cups a b c d etc. But as I was walking around in several areas of st louis today where i'm from i couldn't help but notice that from my age (30) to older and some younger I don't see really any other men with sizable breasts. With summer approaching it just made me wonder, especially as mine continue to grow and expand and fit tighter under my shirts. And at a 36a I'm not really wanting to go in to B but the shirts and bras for around the house and yard work are gettting tighter and fuller and my worries seem inevitable. But it made me wonder especially for those who wear a bra, as I know wearing one is solely on decision and not everyone with large enough breasts wears them, but does anyone else ever notice other men with healthy bodys or even slightly larger but noticeable and undeniable breasts or even more bra outlines? We are living in a world where boys have make up lines with covergirl and loreal, and feminine fashion is becoming popular in the men's departments and while im not for feminization of men's lines and such it does make me happy knowing maybe one day not so far away will bras and such be acceptable for and by men. I am just curious if anyone else where ever ya'll are at if anyone else notices men like us? Being in st louis, not a small city, i'd expect to see a few but nada zip zilch and given how paranoid i used to be about how i looked and if anyone could see i can't help but stare at others and hope to see some bra outline just so i know i'm not alone outside the internet

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I live in Southern California where a tee shirt is normal clothing virtually year around.   I have taken a seat at the local mall and did a head count.  About 1/4 to 1/3 of the males seen had at least something, some had a significant amount of enlargement.  I took a seat near the pro Desk at the local Home Depot and came up with the same numbers.   Sightings of a conspicuous bra under the clothing was rare.   
Grandpa Dan

steven618

i'll often do a head count myself when out in public, i guess developing breasts has made me a bit keen to the idea of seeing who else has it. It is definitely not seen so much here, sure a little bit here and there but b-d cups bouncing around or contained, certainly don't see it on people here unless they are significantly overweight. Just kinda wish I could see others my age every now and then with significant growth in my weight range only thing worse than having it is feeling like you're alone in your area with it

hammer

I'm a people watcher and I would have to say that when guys get over 30 the majority of them show a little mound on there chest, not enough to fill a bra, but enough to show in a tight tee or Polo. To me that's the normal look as that is what I noticed in most men, not totally flat chested.

Offline island dude

• Posting Member
I the past I've related a site of a customer coming into the shop, and he could not leave hugs Tshirt alone. He may have been headed toward a B cup, but his constent pulling at his shirt made others aware of his situation. Not sure I've ever seen another male wearing a bra, but several that might have been more comfortable if they had been. When you come to grips with wearing, you just put it on and go. To me the less movement, the less someone has to look at. But I'm not in the same size range as Hammer and others.

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
I don't think we are that rare of a breed, well maybe those of us that choose to wear a bra might be. As the weather warms and I try to get out more, I'm seeing about 30%-40% of guys with some development. Some minor and some not soo minor. I agree with Island dude, you wear a bra and forget about it. For me, it's about comfort and support. So long as you aren't messing with your shirt every 5 min it isn't that obvious. Then again I'm not even close to Hammer's size. [Sorry brother but you have some big guns there].

I think it's more of do you feel more comfortable wearing a bra or are you more comfortable swing in the breeze? It's your choice just like boxers or briefs. Whatever makes you more comfortable.

Boomer

hammer

That's OK Boomer,  I've got what I got due to medical results, not that I went out and waisted my money to get them, nor am I got to waist my money to rid myself of them! There are much bigger things in life to focus on,  and you know that as well as I do! I need not preach to the choir!

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
No, we are not that rare of a breed. I live in South East Michigan and I see gentlemen who need support on a regular basis. I used to work with a fellow who desperately needed some support. He was big, easily a 48B/C, for someone not wearing support. I see men who need support but obviously do not have it. Most of them are older 40+.
As for personal comfort, you do not want you "assets" bouncing around since the muscle pulling becomes intolerable and painful. As a great way to hide "assets", and I know being a 46D, use shirts with patch pockets and no one notices. Put a bundle of one dollar bills (7 works fine) folded in half and placed in one pocket. Put a pen in the other and no body will see anything! Be well, live life!

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
I know and sorry to use you as large benchmark Hammer. I hope you know I mean nothing bad by it. I just haven't been brave enough to post my own pics yet.

Expedient-traveller, I agree patch pocket shirts are the best for hiding. LOL, the louder the better. I expect a few for my 50th in July.

Boomer

hammer

I know and sorry to use you as large benchmark Hammer. I hope you know I mean nothing bad by it. I just haven't been brave enough to post my own pics yet.

Expedient-traveller, I agree patch pocket shirts are the best for hiding. LOL, the louder the better. I expect a few for my 50th in July.

Boomer

Boomer, don't worry about it!

I really don't care! I have nothing to hide or to be ashamed of.  In fact I've become friends with others here on the forum in the past and some still here! We of course respect the privacy of each others info from the forum. I'm a ham radio operator, I've met others here, we have found that we have more in common other than we've been cursed with the need of a bra! You and I are both disabled vets, different disabilities, but both vets.

I'm never afraid to talk by phone, text or email with a member.

It all good.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:27:54 AM by hammer »

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
I live in the Northeast and as the weather warms up I'm sure to see guys with apparent gyno.  I had my first "sighting" last week.  In my experience seeing guys with various stages of gyno is not uncommon and visits to the beach are sure to include one or two guys with some breast development.  However seeing the telltale signs of a bra is a far greater rarity for two reasons.  There is a whole selection of bra styles designed to "disappear" under clothing without noticeable straps or edges.  Additionally men with gyno who wear bras typically are very conscious about selecting and wearing bras that are not apparent under their shirt.  Two quick stories: we had a long-term temp in my office.  He was stocky but not really overweight and had a definite case of gyno.  Perhaps I was just more conscious of this for evident reasons.  However is wasn't until his last day in the office when he gave me a spontaneous good bye hug that I felt the distinctive clasp on the back of his bra.  It was only then that I realized he had been wearing a bra.  Second story last summer at a friend's cook out there was a guy there wearing a Hawaiian shirt.  During the evening I began to notice the slight out line/shape of his breasts under the shirt.  No big deal just another guy with manboobs.  It was only later that I realize he "didn't have" nipples or possibly wearing a bra that would have masked his nipples.  In my experience I seem to see more and more guys with gyno.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
As others have already said, it is more rare to actually see a guy obviously wearing a bra than it is to see guys that should be.
Just this weekend, while at a boys base ball game, I noticed one of the coaches with team shirt on, that should have been wearing a bra and a much larger shirt.  
While I am very concerned about not showing pointed projection, he apparently was not as his breast was very pronounced, to point where his pointers were on high beam--not very becoming in this tight thin team shirt on.
I choose my bras to not be noticeable, and certainly not to allow my head lights to go to bright.  I also choose my shirts to be loose fit, and even on a warm day, wearing a collared shirt with  loose knit is much better than one with a tight weave or worse tight fit.

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
I can relate on the tight shirts. I won't wear one anymore. It's not that just my nipple shows but all the little bump at the edge of the areola would show up. It's not that bad but you could take my tempature or know if I'm happy to see you.
Also having spent time in places with temps 120F+, open weave loose clothing is the best. It works a lot better in the heat and helps me keep things well hidden.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I live in the Tidewater portion of Virginia and I have constantly see men who need to wear bras.  It is easy to see who has just boob from fat and those that are real gynecomastia breast.  even my dermatologist has gyno and freely admits it but he does not wear a bra, but he is small but has full headlight.  But other than me I have not seen a single male wearing a bra.  However the SA athe the stores I go to say there is a lot of them.  I guess it is  "Hiding in plan site" just like me.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
Hi , I was in wallyworld a while ago and I did see a large man 6'7 ish and he was wearing a bra you coul;d see the clasps in the back but had good form and fit from what I could see he was with his wife food shopping. Goes to show you never know.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024