Author Topic: Professionally fitted. Building my bra collection.  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
Hello everyone.

I went to Soma last night and was professionally fitted for a bra.  They confirmed my size was 40C.  I was very nervous, but they treated very kindly. 

I ended up purchasing one of their sports bras, and a tank top.  

I went bra shopping and picked up a few more bras at various stores. 

One of my favorite is pictured below.  It’s an underwire minimizer.  I am using nipple pads for concealing my nipples.  

The tank top is a Yummy 6-in-1 shaping tank that the Soma associate recommended.  I like how it helps to smooth out the clips and adjuster hardware on my back. 

Let me know what you think.

Offline Puppies

• Posting Member
That bra looks amazing, very well fitted. 

It would be good to see your breasts uncovered, for context. 

Offline Johndoe1

Both look good. I have several Yummy Tummy tanks and they do a fabulous job of smoothing and concealing straps and hardware with being comfortable to wear and cool in warm weather while firming up the middrift/tummy area.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
Gary, here is a picture of my breasts uncovered.  

Thank you everyone that’s helped me through this. 

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
I love the bra and tummy tank on you.  I bet they feel great, too, do they?

You were so smart about getting the nipple petals. 

Just like a woman, you’ve had to worry about being too provocative with all that jiggling and nipping out, but now you will no longer have to worry.   

Sounds like the SA at Soma gave you great service and advice.  What did she say about you being a C cup, which is a good size for a woman, and just amazing for a man?  How did she react in general do you being a man with full womanly breasts?

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
The bra and tank feel great. 

The SA at Soma knew I was nervous and didn’t say anything to make me feel uncomfortable. 

I told her that I was trying to conceal my breast as much as possible, and that is why she recommended the sports bra.

Offline Puppies

• Posting Member
I'd say you've done well there and that bra looks really comfy and should hopefully give you confidence. 

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
Newby,
You look great in that bra! It appears to give you excellent support too!
I have shopped at Soma for over 5 years and have only had positive experiences with the managers and the SA's.  As you said, they have always tried to make me as comfortable as possible. Like it is no big deal for a man to walk into their store and get fit for a bra.

I was in Soma's one week ago today and was fit for their Lightest Lift Perfect Coverage in 38C.  It fits me perfectly giving me the support and shape I am comfortable with when out and about.  I went there needing a taller gore. The bra I as wearing previously had a gore that hit me in the wrong spot on my sternum. I had open heart surgery a year ago and the gore was just not sitting comfortably.   This one does and I am so pleased.

I am a huge advocate for Soma.  They get to know you and then recognize you when you walk in.  I do mostly call ahead to see if my normal SA is there.  This past trip the SA brought me 6 different bras.  The one shocking thing was I filled a 38D in an un-wired. I was pretty taken aback, but she wasn't. She said a lot of customers are bigger than they think they are for a proper fit.

Anyway, enjoy and welcome.

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
Thank you GaryS and mgr. 

The Soma sports bra is so comfortable, yet has enough compression for physical activity. 

I am glad I decided to try a bra.  It really is a game changer for me.  

Still nervous of having close family finding out.  I am definitely a guy all the way. I think they’d all understand if they ever found out.

Offline SideSet

Newby, I think you look great in that bra and shapewear.  It sounds like, once you started at Soma, you had the desire and confidence to go intimate apparel shopping.  Have fun building your collection.  Looks like you will be regularly wearing from now on 

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
I think Newby is past the point of no return 😉
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 11:39:43 AM by Dale Warnio »

aboywithgirls

Newbie,
Congratulations on finally getting fitted. You will definitely find out that you won't even want to leave the house braless. I was a 34C when I went for my first bra fitting. That was 30 years ago. I've worn a bra almost every day since.

I was just at Soma myself. There aren't many intimates stores that carry my size. Im a 36H and Soma has quite a few bras in my size. I actually bought a couple of their Embliss leisure bras. They are exactly what I was  I needed for sleep bra. 

Im sure that you will be adding more bras to your top drawer. Soma makes great bras and they also have very good quality matching panties available for almost every bra they sell.If you are looking for any other bra suggestions feel free to ask. 

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
Guys, thank you for your comments. 

I am considering panties now that I have seen several posts about them.  Men’s boxers don’t look right when wearing a bra.

aboywithgirls

Newbie,
I absolutely agree! I know that there are those who will disagree, and that's ok.

I have only worn panties for about 25 years. They are more comfortable because of the cut of them match my round bottom and thighs. Not only the fit, but, the silky nylon feels much better.

You will also find that Herroom is also great for ordering matching panties to go with whatever bra you are ordering. Just something I learned along the way, you may want to order 2 or 3 pair of panties. I do this because I usually will wear my bras 2 or 3 times before I wash it. Then I can toss everything into the same lingerie wash bag for my delicates and everything stays together.

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
Hello again.  Just wanted to give an update.

My breasts seem to have grown a little over the last month or two.  I am filling a 40C bra fairly well now.  I’ve got quite the bra collection now. 

I’d have to say that my favorite is the underwire minimizer.  It keeps my breasts from protruding too much.  I also like using nipple petals to keep my nipples in check. 

This is a recent addition to my collection.  It’s a Bali Passion for comfort minimizer underwire bra.  I also like to layer as it seams to help hide the straps and hardware. 

Thank you all for you help in my acceptance journey. 

Any other bras that you’d recommend?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024