Author Topic: Racerbacks  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I’ve worn conventional bras for awhile now and have just tried the racerback style. Anyone else have a comfort issue with that style? Mine seems to cut in on the top outside edges a bit as it goes under the arm. It’s not too bad really, just noticed it off and on and do notice how they cross my shoulder blades different, though I’m sure I can get used to that.

aboywithgirls

I've tried a couple of racerback, front closure bras over the years. I think that the last ones I wore, I was either a C or D cup. I found that I didn't have the support that I was looking for. I can say that  I did like the smooth back without the hook and loop fasteners or the strap adjustment in the back when I still presented as male. I just haven't found anything in my size that gives me enough support in a front closure in my size.

Online taxmapper

The first bras I bought were and continue to be racerbacks.  i have several conventional bras but they don't work the same for me. Perhaps I have a diff. frame but the over the shoulder straps cause me more headache than anything else. 

The racerback also has less signature underneath shorts than to str4apped bras. Not as obvious and if seen in outline there are numerous men's tanks with racerback styles. So some think I am simply wearing an undershirt. 

I have now reach3d the point where I no longer care if people notice and actually at time welcome the attention. 

But again is a physical aspect for me overall. 

As for the front closure aspect, I tried one and it didn't really work for me. The zipper popped out and the mono-boob effect personified the zipper making it REALLY obvious! 

Offline blad

Racerback's do have an advantage of a bit more stealth under your clothing and the straps always stay in place.

The selection is limited in recent years, but for full on sports bras. The front closure limits adjustability. There are several pull over racers that are just a disaster to get on and off and are usually cheaply made.

So a "good" racer can be worth having but they are not so easy to find.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
For sports bras, try making sure that the band is as level as possible when you first put it on, and give more care to the position of the back than the front.  In my experience, leveling to the proper back position is more important than the front position.  The front is likely to ride up if it was initially pulled down too far, or you had to really reach for something, and naturally tends to tuck under the inframammary fold, as it would for a woman.

From prior experience only, sports bras work best and move the least if you know exactly where the back should be, so it won't move much during the day and adjust the front to be level to that position.  Being male, we aren't going to be able to "boomf out" enough to pull the elastic out from under our armpits completely, and that will take getting used to. If sports bras are the way forward, I suggest making sure they are both washed and worn at least twice before passing judgment.  I've found that with sports bras the color/dye can actually make a very serious size difference (really ladies?), but after some legit use they seem to level out.

Sports bras are great; I don't know why so many men would prefer a pair of flabby, painful, "moobs" flopping about all day instead of corralling those things in a (generally) inconspicuous manner?  Buy some button-downs and lose the T-Shirts; nobody will care/notice a thing.

Offline Busty

I like racer back bras.  No straps slipping. Smooth straps in back.  I don’t see many in the stores, though. 

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
While most of my bras are the conventional type, I have 5 or 6 racer back bras, all front closure..  I love them.  Any strap issue goes away and I find them very comfortable.  However, as it has been said above, band size is not adjustable so getting the right band/cup size  for comfort can be a problem.

Offline SideSet

I just bought a new bra that is back close convertible, racerback or traditional.  I love it

Confused old man

I like jockey racer back sports bras. Very comfortable. My headlights are on high beam 24/7. So I leave the pads in. 

Offline Shrigley

• Posting Member
I wear sports bras a couple of times a week when I have a workout after work. By around lunchtime my cleavage gets quite sweaty with the extra layer. Any tips for this?

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I’ve worn conventional bras for awhile now and have just tried the racerback style. Anyone else have a comfort issue with that style? Mine seems to cut in on the top outside edges a bit as it goes under the arm. It’s not too bad really, just noticed it off and on and do notice how they cross my shoulder blades different, though I’m sure I can get used to that.
I ordered a Maidenform racerback underwired t-shirt molded cub bra.  I ordered it to protect my right breast as it is very sore and painful when the areola touches anything.  The breast is growing, again.  

I have the same issue with the top of the outside wires being uncomfortable near the armpit.  Have you got used to the the wire?  If not, I am returning it. 

I have only worn no wire bras and sports bras for the last 10 years.  

Offline hawkdaboo3

• Posting Member
How exactly do you get those racerback sports bras on and off- especially as a guy? i feel like i am about to accidentally break it

aboywithgirls

I actually only have one racerback, front closure bra. I find that they don't support my girls as good a traditional back hook and loop, underwire bras. I keep it to wear with certain tops that I need to wear a racerback with. However, just slip it on one arm at a time like a traditional bra and hook it up at the gore.

Offline Johndoe1

I inquired about a front hook bra to my fitter, and like Sophie has reported, she said that over time, not being able to tighten the band, it loses support and and life expectancy of those bras are greatly reduced. She didn't recommend it for larger size breasts unless for a special reason or outfit.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I actually only have one racerback, front closure bra. I find that they don't support my girls as good a traditional back hook and loop, underwire bras. I keep it to wear with certain tops that I need to wear a racerback with. However, just slip it on one arm at a time like a traditional bra and hook it up at the gore.
might be a silly question, but what is the gore? i have seen it referenced many times

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024