Author Topic: compression vest or t-shirt or whatever?  (Read 7845 times)

Offline unknownrandom

• Posting Member
Where can I get one of these..  For now I would really like one..  I know it doesn't solve the problem, but it does solve the emotions for a short while.  I am going to be telling my mom this weekend..  I just want one before surgery and stuff..

can anyone show me some pictures? 

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I used Underworks at http://underworks.com.  Look at style number 997.  It's great quality and the people at underworks were great to work with.  Disclaimer:  That's the only shirt I actually have experience with, but I did a fair amount of research before I chose it. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I used the 997 and it was a godsend.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
After my surgery my ps supplied me with a compression vest to wear for 3 weeks, then after that I used underarmour for about a week, and now I wear it whenever I go to the gym....although I never used it before my operation, I imagine it would work quite well...you can buy them at most sports stores.

http://www.underarmour.com/

-mtl99

DrBermant

Where can I get one of these..  For now I would really like one..  I know it doesn't solve the problem, but it does solve the emotions for a short while.  I am going to be telling my mom this weekend..  I just want one before surgery and stuff..

can anyone show me some pictures? 

Body shaping garments are only a temporary contouring solution.  They do not help remove or treat gynecomastia.  When the garment is removed, the gynecomastia is still there.  They can provide an emotional band-aid for the stress of contour issues and bouncing tissues.

There is a theoretical advantage for the person losing weight.  Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without pressure.  These garments are designed to help with pressure and scar evolution.  With weight loss, there is the issue of skin shrinkage.  Pressure may help.  However, there are no studies to evaluate such issues.  Trying to desing such a study is difficult if not impossible.

You can see actual examples of Compression Chest Contouring Without Surgery for different types of gynecomastia here:

Compression Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

Body Shaping for Puffy Nipples

Body Shaping Compression Contouring for Overweight Male - This one shows the Black Vest in use.

Body Shaper Compression Garment for Severly Obese Male

Check out the multiple views for each patient.  Clink on the links to see other views of the garment and features of this design I prefer.  There are also Movies before and after body shaping vests to show how the compression vests stabilize jiggling and bouncing of tissue.  Pick the link to the format you prefer Quicktime or Windows Media Video.

A wet suit can also help.  Using a thin neoprene like Microprene can flatten the chest in water like a compression garment can help on land.  The after surgery garments do not work well in water, the wet suits do.  Both can be hot to wear, that is why I prefer a very thin garment.

We have many patients who have told me that the body shaping compression garments were a fantastic emotional help while losing weight, waiting for the gynecomastia to stabilize, or saving for the operation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline unknownrandom

• Posting Member
im kinda confused on those websites can you show me a direct link of one you mean?  :)

DrBermant

im kinda confused on those websites can you show me a direct link of one you mean?  :)

They are all examples of a Stage Two After Gynecomastia Garment.  Follow this link for that specific garment.  The examples are important as they show real patients and to what degree the garment shapes different problems.  The other links also show the color options some patient tend to favor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024