Author Topic: Question for you guys  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Again

• Posting Member
First of all let me say that I am sorry for your suffering with this torturous condition.  If I could, I would take on everyones gyne into my own........well.........no I wouldn't lol  ;D.  But I am really sorry its tough.

Anyway, I take meds that cause gyne and there is no end in sight.  I need this condition gone though.  If they do surgery to remove the gland, doesn't that mean that it wont return if I continue taking the meds I'm on?  Or will it grow back even if the gland is gone? 

Again, I have gyne caused by meds.  I cant quit taking the meds but I want to get rid of the gyne.  My question is...will the gyne return if I stay on the meds after I have the gland removed? 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:30:40 AM by Again »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
As long as the cause has not been removed, it is possible that remaining gland tissue could be stimulated into growth again.   It is sometimes not possible for a surgeon to remove absolutely all of the gland tissue, so that possibility for growth is always there.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline gyne35

• Posting Member
Just out of curiosity, what are these meds that are specifically causing gyne?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if it's propecia, dump it.  if it's something else, talk with a doc about alternatives.  and like they say, yes it could cause a return. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Again

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies, sorry it took so long to get back.  It is valium and methadone that is causing my gyne.  I am prescribed both and physically addicted to both.   >:(

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
One of lifes mysteries is that anti-depressant drugs sometimes cause Gynecomastia which in turn leads to depression.

The sad truth, already mentioned, is that as long as the drugs are continued, regrowth is a significant possibility.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024