Author Topic: What bras do you use?  (Read 65414 times)

aboywithgirls

A professional fitting is not only the best way to get the bra that you want.  It can be fun. The ladies that do this for a living are more than happy to help you find the perfect bra. I truly enjoy buying new bras for this reason. The smaller boutiques tend to be better educated when it comes to the right fit and once they know you they seem to have a way to telegraph what you want and you leave the shop feeling more comfortable and confident. Good for you. I'd love to hear how your fitting goes for you . Enjoy.

hammer

Well, it still may take awhile, Debbie and I talked about it the other day that maybe we should just go ahead and go for a fitting, but when she took our oldest daughter who is very big on top like me it was a very expensive fitting! I'm not sure I'm ready to pay that kind of money for bras!

I've been wearing them off and on for ten plus years but to put out more then $20.00 bucks for one bra, I'm not sure I'm ready yet. When my daughter went they spent over $100.00 for two bras!

aboywithgirls

If you do go....even if it is just for one really good fitting bra that you will forget you're wearing, I promise you that you will not regret it. For my wife and I, it works out well because most of the bras we buy fit each other but we both have our favorites and ones that are off limits to the other.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I forgot finally went and got fitted at Soma.  I didn't buy anything that day, but they did confirm the style I had (Soma Embraceable no show minimizer ) isn't a good choice due to my shoulder shape.  I have strap slippage and it bugged me.  Size was good, the Embraceable series isn't for me.  The 1in and 3in minimizer is best choice.   

If took a lot of nerve, but I did it.  I worked my way up to it and called ahead and talked to them about my issue with needing a bra and they were more than willing to help me and let me try on anything.  I did bring in a compression shirt to be discreet when I opened the door to have something handed to me. 

I would recommend Soma, and right now they have a good 50% off sale.  Yes it isn't easy pondering spending that much on a bra, but it is so much more comfortable than a cheap bra too.  And lasts a long time too.

Well, it still may take awhile, Debbie and I talked about it the other day that maybe we should just go ahead and go for a fitting, but when she took our oldest daughter who is very big on top like me it was a very expensive fitting! I'm not sure I'm ready to pay that kind of money for bras!

I've been wearing them off and on for ten plus years but to put out more then $20.00 bucks for one bra, I'm not sure I'm ready yet. When my daughter went they spent over $100.00 for two bras!

aboywithgirls

I'm very happy for you.  It's a big step for you and Debbie. B it t she sounds very supportive. It's difficult to find yourself not only with breasts (I'm a 38 DD in my Somas), wearing a bra that was designed for a woman and now going to a boutique to be fitted for a bra. I know it wasn't an easy thing to do but now, I refuse to just buy a bra off the rack and hope it fits. I know I have a couple of trusted fitters that have seen my "girls ". I can remember one fitter even commented to me on how feminine looking my breasts were and said that she had a bra that would fit my girls just fine. The first one she brought me was the one I bought. She has been my favorite fitter since then and I will only by from her. She treated me with respect, sort of like one of the girls (meaning, she was confident in her approach and respective of my needs). A true professional knows what you need and they want to see that look on your face when you find that special bra that holds your assets in place.

Offline Del

• Bronze Member
Like you  aboywithgirls my 38DD breasts are very feminine  and easy to get the correct cup size. Getting fitted does take courage the first time, but the end result is worth it  for  getting a bra that will  last a long time and take the strain off your back muscles. The proper support also makes you feel good. Well worth getting it done Hammer or you will always find an excuse to put it off.
Del

Offline gotgyne

I'm in agreement with all of you. A professional fitting is required to find a bra which suits best. I got my first fitting some years ago and although I'm "only" a 40B, it was more than helpful.

John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

aboywithgirls

I am one of the first to tell you to go get fitted. But I had ordered a couple of panache bras in a 38 E.OMG,the most comfortable bra I've ever worn. My wife is happy that I have moved toward more sexy|/ stylish bras.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
I have been away from this site for some time now, but am finding some interesting threads here this afternoon, and have to add my 2 cents to this one as well.

I will second the thought that a proper fitting bra is most important.   Once you accept that you need support for your breast, you owe it to your self to find a good fitting and comfortable choice.  With that in mind, good bra's are not inexpensive, esepcially in larger sizes as most of us require. 

I too tried many of the online sale sites, but most were failures, either wrong size or simply not comfortable. 

I finally did get a proper fitting, from someone that could advise which styles will work for me, and now I know the differance- day and night.  It is worth the price, and now that I know what works, I can still watch for sales which do come ocasionally.

I am still an advocate of using the right garment for the job it is intended to do, so have no issue getting a bra fitting or wearing it, but am also convinced that quality also has a price, so at end of day, for me it is fit, comfort, quality at the best price I can find.

If you have to wear it, make sure it is your best choice for reasons above- get fitted!!

aboywithgirls

I couldn't agree more . Generalay speaking n You will find your best service, best quality bras and best fit at the boutiques. Once you get over the anxiety piece, the rest is easy and fun. They already know that bras are for breasts and they want you to feel comfortable.i have always been treated with complete respect. I have even been told that I have a Very nice breasts and wearing a good supportive underwire bra and lotion is the best way to keep the girls looking their best. If you got breasts, take care of them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024