Author Topic: something just doesn't add up.  (Read 2745 times)

Offline chestquest

• Posting Member
I feel I have mild gyne - even to the point of asking doctors on here their medical opinions of whether or not I am a candidate for surgery due to medical conditions (apparently, I am not).  However, I am re-evaluating my condition and have a couple of basic questions.

Is the lump in gynecomastia attached to the nipple?  I have hard tissue under both, but the lump does not move with the nipple if i pull it away from the chest wall. It seems to be separate from the nipple.

Also, i can raise my arms above my head, and my nipples basically lay flat on my chest. based on gland pictures / videos I have seen, I am not sure gyne gland can do this. It appears to be too hard or rubbery.

whatever the tissue is, there is a distinct border and it feels different from the surrounding tissue.

I read somewhere on here where dr jacobs said something to the effect that determining gynecomastia by feel is a "fools errand"  maybe I am just being foolish?

any input appreciated  Thanks.

Offline Jacobi

• Posting Member
What you described is fairly similar to my case. I'm not aware that the gland is supposed to be attached to the nipple, but in my case it isn't, and the chest appears flat when I raise my arms. These factors never really diminished my belief in my own gyno.

I also happen to have seen a surgeon yesterday and he diagnosed it as gyno, calling it a "mild to moderate case".

Offline chestquest

• Posting Member
What you described is fairly similar to my case. I'm not aware that the gland is supposed to be attached to the nipple, but in my case it isn't, and the chest appears flat when I raise my arms. These factors never really diminished my belief in my own gyno.

I also happen to have seen a surgeon yesterday and he diagnosed it as gyno, calling it a "mild to moderate case".

I guess I know deep down that I have a mild to moderate case. It is doubly disappointing to know you have a condition and that the only option to deal with it is not an even an option for you as it is for most.

Good luck to you in your pursuit of treatment.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The confusion only gets worse.

The condition of Gynecomastia is usually self diagnosed. Meaning that if you think you have the condition, you do.

Contrast that with the simple fact that we cannot hardly ever be totally objective about ourself and you have the basis of a lot of confusion.

For our purposes, the condition of Gynecomastia exists if there is a surplus of tissue in the breast area of a male. How bad the condition might be has nothing to do with size, it is all about impact. If it seriously bothers you, it is bad. If you can ignore it, then it is not bad.

Still confused? Get an opinion from a surgeon skilled at male breast reduction.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024