Author Topic: Right size bra but it doesn't fit  (Read 1306 times)

bikerbob

Or everything you wanted to know about bras but didn't know who to ask.

I have mentioned on this site that I mail order most of my bras from herroom.com.  I don't want this to be construed as advertising or recommending them, but the owner occasionally sends out an article about bras that I find to be interesting and, I think, worth sharing.  Comments?
https://www.herroom.com/blog/tomima-talks-right-bra-size-but-it-doesnt-fit-here-are-some-answers/

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Keep in mind that the male chest is shaped differently than a female chest.  

Usually the male chest is larger and barrel shaped while a female chest is smaller and more tapered.  Our breasts are usually spaced somewhat wider apart tan those of women. 

Fitting can be a real challenge and will remain so until bras are made specifically to fit men. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Johndoe1

We also usually will need a larger cup size just to cover the tissue even though we may not have that much projection, but due to the size of our chests, we can have as much tissue as woman who has much more projection. The one thing I have come to realize is that cup size is not what you think it is. If you wear underwire you will need wider wires and a wider gore because we don't always have cleavage like a woman. This all plays into the fit, support and look of the bra.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

p.r.1974

Indeed the volume being accommodated for varies. A 36A and 42A have significant differenced in volume for different torso sizes. And the difference gets much larger as one goes up in cup size.  

Offline Johndoe1

A 42A is the same cup size as a 36D.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024