Author Topic: Do they keep you at the hosital overnight??  (Read 2036 times)

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
and if they do whats the point of getting a hotel room??
(im talking about dr fielding)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 09:12:54 AM by bossman »

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
it all depends....

i had to be at the hospital at 11:00 am and i was traveling by train so i stayed at the hotel the night before. because i did not want to be in a hurry or take the chance of being late with the train (in case of delay or anything like that).
Also, i went with my mom so she stayed at the hotel while i was at the hospital.

plus some people decide to stay a bit longuer in TO so that they can see Fielding a few days after surgery. so it might also be a reason to book a hotel room.

but its not necessary if you can fly in on the same day.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi Bossman:

I think it is better to stay one night in Toronto as will be hard to travel after your surgery. I just had a 30 min drive from hospital to my home and still was difficult as I was not even 70% recover from anesthetia. They let you go in few hours. And if you are coming from out of Toronto, I think it will be difficult to take a bus or train. Also, you will have some drainage. So blood all over the place. Your chest will be heavy. So not advisable.

If you have insurence from your work, you can book semi private room as most of company insurence pays for semi private room. Also, you can get private room for just extra $20. I checked with St. Joe and their charge is $190 for semi private and $210 for private. So you pay only $20 extra as $190 will be covered from your company's insurence. I think if you tell them that you are coming from out of Toronto, they may give you overnight stay. I think you should check with Dr. Fielding's office first for that.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024