Author Topic: Interested in Scarless Solutions  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Zanadjbouti

Hi,

I am a 21 yo male that has struggled with Gyne from early puberty on.  It is apparently very heritable as every male on my mother's side has struggled with it.  I keep my self extremely healthy now and have little in the way of fat deposits on my body.  My gland tissue has had more pressure applied to it as my skin is shrinking from weight loss and such.  This has started causing a substantial amount of pain through the entire glandular area.  It was enough burden to deal with the unsightliness of breasts but once pain was added to the picture, I decided to do something about it.

So I am looking for surgeon recommendations and advice.  I will have the money saved by May as I am no longer on insurance (may have been able to get it covered due to the pain factor).  I am hoping to find a surgeon that performs scarless gynecomastia surgery with the use of a cannula that is able to grind the gland tissue and suck it out via the vacuum.  I would really really like to stay away from the scar around the areola. 

The only surgeon that I have discovered that uses the scarless technique is Dr Baxt in Paramus NJ.  Are there others that I am unaware of?  Has anyone undergone Dr Baxt's surgery and could share with me a testimonial?

Any help is highly appreciated

DrBermant

Hi,

I am a 21 yo male that has struggled with Gyne from early puberty on.  It is apparently very heritable as every male on my mother's side has struggled with it.  I keep my self extremely healthy now and have little in the way of fat deposits on my body.  My gland tissue has had more pressure applied to it as my skin is shrinking from weight loss and such.  This has started causing a substantial amount of pain through the entire glandular area.  It was enough burden to deal with the unsightliness of breasts but once pain was added to the picture, I decided to do something about it.

So I am looking for surgeon recommendations and advice.  I will have the money saved by May as I am no longer on insurance (may have been able to get it covered due to the pain factor).  I am hoping to find a surgeon that performs scarless gynecomastia surgery with the use of a cannula that is able to grind the gland tissue and suck it out via the vacuum.  I would really really like to stay away from the scar around the areola. 

The only surgeon that I have discovered that uses the scarless technique is Dr Baxt in Paramus NJ.  Are there others that I am unaware of?  Has anyone undergone Dr Baxt's surgery and could share with me a testimonial?

Any help is highly appreciated

There is no such thing as "scarless" surgery.  Scars are the body's way of healing tissues.  The trick is to minimize the scars as much as possible.  Scars will occur not just though the skin incision, but throughout the sculpted region.  Carefully check out such claims looking a many before and after pictures preferably showing how tissues move on animation.  Many of my patients tell me that they cannot see their scars. However, I can see scars on every patient. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I agree with Dr Bermant -- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SCARLESS SURGERY!!! 

In surgery, in order to do the job of removing tissue, you have to go through the skin someplace.  Once you go through the skin, even for a 1/8 inch nick in the skin, there will always be a permanent scar -- for the rest of your life.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that scars tend to heal quite well in the vast majority of cases.  True, you will see them if you look hard -- but in 6-12 months, they should look like a blemish and be just barely visible.

Any reputable gyne surgeon will be honest with you and tell you at the time of consultation that there is no such thing as an absolutely scarless operation -- but there are minimal scar techniques which many plastic surgeons utilize, including Dr Bermant, Dr Baxt and myself.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Spleen

The docs are correct.  I had surgery where incisions were made beneath both areolas (sic?) so of course there are scars but they are virtually invisible.  If you're a good healer and not prone to problems like keloid scarring I'm sure you could have a good result with a talented surgeon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024