Author Topic: Sunken chest area after surgery  (Read 3736 times)

Offline T2D

Hello all.
I have a question. I am about 3 weeks post op of my gyne. surgery. So far, the experience has resulted in very little pain, pretty quick healing, and a good experience. As everyone on here, it is good to be able to look down and not see these big protruding objects!

Question: I am 3 weeks approx. after surgery, and my chest appears to be sunken around the nipple and surgerical area.  Before my surgery I had quite significant case of gynecomastia, not just a small case. I have a fair amount of fat, although not obese, but not skinny either.  I have a little fat around the top of my chest, as well as the armpit/side of breast area, which is apparent, and protrudes as fat does (like a fat stomach, etc), but where the glands were removed, it is sunken in, and is visible because of the fat around the breast.
Will this heal, after so many months, and take a natural breast conture, or am I SOL?

DrBermant

Hello all.
I have a question. I am about 3 weeks post op of my gyne. surgery. So far, the experience has resulted in very little pain, pretty quick healing, and a good experience. As everyone on here, it is good to be able to look down and not see these big protruding objects!

Question: I am 3 weeks approx. after surgery, and my chest appears to be sunken around the nipple and surgerical area.  Before my surgery I had quite significant case of gynecomastia, not just a small case. I have a fair amount of fat, although not obese, but not skinny either.  I have a little fat around the top of my chest, as well as the armpit/side of breast area, which is apparent, and protrudes as fat does (like a fat stomach, etc), but where the glands were removed, it is sunken in, and is visible because of the fat around the breast.
Will this heal, after so many months, and take a natural breast conture, or am I SOL?

How tissues evolve after gynecomastia surgery depends on the original problem treated, what was done, skill of the surgeon, and many other factors. 

Why don't you show some standard after gynecomastia surgery pictures as well as images of the problem before surgery so others can better understand your concerns?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024