Author Topic: Sunken Nipples?  (Read 9805 times)

Offline Northern

Hey All,

I just had the surgery 2 days ago now. and while I am absolutley thrilled by being able to look down and see a flat chest. I cant beleive how amazing it looks, I do have a concern.

I peeked under the compression bandage and it looks like there is a big hole in my chest...Kinda hard to tell, but it looks quite deep and Im sure my nipple is in there. (was only able to look at the right hand side, left side is too sore and I didnt want to touch it.)

is this normal to have really sunken nipples?  I heard it was, but I have a couple days until my follow up when I can ask the surgeon.

any thoughts?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
A concave (sunken) chest is sometimes a result of the surgeon removing too much gland, fat tissue or both.

I have seen pics of guys with concave chests after surgery. My LHS areola is slightly concave. Not worried in the least about it tho.  ;)

Recently, one guy ( forget who now ) had a concave areola and had the doc inject some Saline. Apearently, all is well now!

Yeah, your doc should be able to tell you exactly what is going on.

Let us know what your PS tells you.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline iamvinhy

• Posting Member
I have about 10-20KG to lose before my doctor will operate. He said that if he operated while I had a partially fatty chest, then I would end up with a concave in my chest.

Hope it heals up for you, Northern!

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
That guy with the concave nipple recently was me. After the saline was injected under the aereola, it reappeared but that was only a temporary fix. When I went  for my next appointment the dr began pulling on the nipple area extremely forcefully. Needless to say this hurt like a mother $%&*$%!

Appearantly, from what I was told the nipple can become attached to tissue under the chest and result in that peculiar looking state.

After all the pulling and stretching, they taped the area around the nipple to keep it in a protruded position. Since then it has gradually gotten better and by now is about 90% back to normal. I'm about 3 weeks post-op now...

-Gynesaur
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 07:13:54 AM by Gynesaur »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024