Author Topic: Mamogram Results  (Read 2476 times)

Offline luisito

• Posting Member
Hey guys, new to the forum:)

Just got my results from my doctor.

There is Increased density in the right retroareolar region suggesting the presence of fibrogandular glandular tissues. The breast parenchyma is otherwise fatty replaced bilaterraly. There is no evidence of dominant soft tissue masses, architectural distortion or pathologic microcalcifications. No abnormal thickening.

Impresions: Unilateral right gynecomastia

I think I'm probably 10lbs over weight so I'll try and loose that first and see how it looks before I try surgery.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, luisito. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Prediction after you lose ten pounds:

The gyne may be slightly smaller (the fatty component may decrease slightly in size) but the glandular tissue will remain.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline luisito

• Posting Member
Will this tissue have any negative effects on my health other than just being a bit sore sometimes? is there a chance it can grow?  Because if not, I think I can live with it.

Thanks in Advance

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
ALL men have some amount of breast tissue -- that is a normal condition.  Gyne is considered as a diagnosis when the tissue becomes excessive and provides a female contour to the chest.

Gyne surgery is done electively -- not as an emergency -- and only on those men who feel they desire a more masculine, contoured chest.  It is not mandatory.  Hence, if you can live with it and it doesn't bother you, then so be it -- there are many men who choose this course and are happy and content.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024