Author Topic: Is Fielding worth it for me?  (Read 2681 times)

Offline damngyne

• Posting Member
Hey guys I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to go to Dr. Fielding. I live in NY and the cost of surgery is too much for me to afford (I'm a poor college student). Dr. Fielding sounds great for the price but I was wondering how much I would have to pay since I would not get the benefit of your health care system. Would it still be less expensive than the $6000 most surgeons want in NY?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Bad news dude....  JCF will only perform the procedure on Canadian residents. Generally, people in the US are 'Sue-Happy'. Dr. Fielding would have to take out special insurance just to cover those from the US and other countries. Sorry dude....  :-/

John.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 06:47:12 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey bambu... not sure i understand why would Fielding need insurance for us patients ?
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline 3cheers

• Posting Member
I asked the same question to the receptionist at Dr. Fielding office about a year ago. She said the exact same thing as Bamboo said above. The Doc has insurance to cover him if something goes wrong. And since Americains sue alot more or can sue for alot more money  then Canadians therefore the Doc insurance company will not cover his malpratice insurance. Something like that.  :-/

3heers

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I asked the same question to the receptionist at Dr. Fielding office about a year ago. She said the exact same thing as Bamboo said above. The Doc has insurance to cover him if something goes wrong. And since Americains sue alot more or can sue for alot more money  then Canadians therefore the Doc insurance company will not cover his malpratice insurance. Something like that.  :-/

3heers

Exactly!  Americans are notorius for trying to sue the pants off you at the drop of a hat. I assume most doctors would have insurance for malprctice and to get malpractice ins. for US residents, would prolly be very expensive for JCF.

John.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
wow that really sucks... its a shame for americans though cause the surgery costs seem to be a lot higher than in Canada.

thanks for the info you guys....
its incredible the amount of information you can find out here... glad i found the site. (surgery in 26 days :))

good luck Damngyne, hope you can find a good surgeon for a decent price (i'm sure you will) keep lookin'

Offline damngyne

• Posting Member
Thanks guys for the replies. That is dissappointing to hear but I'm sure I can find a good deal somewhere. NY is just too darn expensive!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Yeah, that really sux dude....  :-/

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024