Author Topic: had surgery, cant see improvement  (Read 2121 times)

Offline meelosh

• Posting Member
i have been diagnosed w/ gyne by my regular physician. I am about 5'7'' 170 (lost 15 pounds because i thought it would rid me of my gynecomastia) and am an avid lifter. My chest is bigger than an average 18 year old, but i considered my nipples to be rather puffy and i decided to get the surgery(hooray). The doctor who performed it seem knowledgable for the most part. Anyway, i've had the opperation and its been about two weeks.As it turns out, I dont see any real results yet, but the nipples seem slightly smaller at times though, but i've called him and he said there was swelling. And I didn't receive any drains or compression vest (which from what i've read are pretty common). He only excised the gland, but he said he did not remove the entire thing because he said my nipple may collapse. I've never heard of a nipple collapsing, can someone enlighten me or give me an opinion if you think my condition will improve or not or if my doctor's a joke? Thank you.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Haven't had the surgery yet but, you should wait at least a few more weeks to see some results. If not after about 5-6 weeks I would go back to that doc and tell him the problem. Most surgeons do free revisions up to a year after you get your first surgery. Not saying you will need one but, in the rare chance that is also an option. Sorry to hear about your healing process and its not going as well as you planned. Just give it a while and keep us updated. And if it is still a problem in another 3-4 weeks from now go see your doc. Hope I was of some help.

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Nipple collapsing? Hmm. I never heard that term before. But, I think what he may mean is having a concave chest. Dr. Bermant has a little clip of someone with a concave chest on his site. It looks quite odd. That may mean what he means but I could be wrong.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline fl3a

• Posting Member
i think thats what he means, either that or hes talking about the nipple inverting

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Be patient, at this early date it may just be post -op swelling.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024