Author Topic: Dr. Bermant - and other docs..  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
I have been looking around for costs. People who read my posts know how hard it was for me to save up any money. I have about 4 g's and I read about Dr. Bermant being recommended here for gyne surgery.

Does he give anyone breaks? I am unable to come up with the rest and have been looking at alternatives like places like Oregon, in Canada, and even down in Mexico. I only worry about getting butchered.

Anyone, or any of the docs, have any ideas? I'm not being cheap. My situation is just that I can't come up with more and this took me years to save up. I have been living with this gyne for about 15 years now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:19:36 AM by cleanup »

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
If I could put it on a CC, I would. I already owe way too much on it. I can't add 20 bucks to it, much less 3 grand lol.

I was hoping Dr. Bermant might reply to get his thoughts.

Offline Puffynip

• Posting Member
We would all like a break, but they charge what they charge period…

If you want it bad enough you could come up with the cash.
So….. Stop crying, suck it up and get to work saving your money!

I really do not mean to sound like an ass, just imagine what would happen if they gave you a break…. Everybody would want one! Then what???

Offline Yoshi

• Bronze Member
Try to get your insurance to cover it. http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/letters/00041001.shtml
That has some good information near the middle on how to get insurance to cover it.

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
Try to get your insurance to cover it. http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/letters/00041001.shtml
That has some good information near the middle on how to get insurance to cover it.

I won't be covered. My case would be a medium one but for someone who is into working out and eating ok, it's tough that no matter how fat or unfat I am, this remains. I was 260 pounds and now I am under 200 (I'm 6 foot 3) and the chest looks the same in both weight no matter what I do.

I really hope someone like Dr. Bermant might be able to throw his two cents in this thread. Thanks.

Offline Puffynip

• Posting Member
Not going to happen nuggar!

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
Ok puffynip, you don't approve of me asking. We get it. You don't have to keep repeating it. Thanks.

Offline lowt

• Posting Member
If you can't afford it, you shouldn't even be thinking about surgery. This isn't a life or death thing, you know.

I find that a strange reply. How do you know how Drastic (notice the name?) is feeling about it?

Perhaps he can't afford it because he's too messed up to work?
And why shouldn't he consider it?

Drastic, it sounds to me like you've tried hard in a difficult situation to save the money up - I hope you can find someone that will do a decent job for you.

Offline Yoshi

• Bronze Member
If somebody is soo pschyologically troubled that they can't work then surgery shouldn't be the only answer. I would recommed seeing a psychiatrist because chances are there may be deeper issues.

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
If somebody is soo pschyologically troubled that they can't work then surgery shouldn't be the only answer. I would recommed seeing a psychiatrist because chances are there may be deeper issues.

The reason has nothing to do with the gyne. It's something else. But the gyne HAS bothered me for about 15 years now.

Offline bathroom

• Posting Member
What reason?  Why you don't work or why your name is "drastic"?

Look into seeing an endo and getting a script for raloxifene.  Or buy some online.  There have been studies showing it reduces gyno, especially lump gyno.  It reduces breast density in women as well.

That would be my suggestion.   It's alot cheaper than 5K.

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
Depending on where you are located try to get to the nearest city. I've noticed prices near major cities tend to be a lot cheaper because there's a lot more competition. I ended up shelling out 5k and everyone here kept telling me I got ripped off. I did find someone who was willing to do it for $3500, but in the end I ended up going with someone closer to me.

Offline wasatchm

• Bronze Member
hey,

did anyone watch 60 minutes about a month or so ago regarding a state of the art hospital/clinic facility in the middle east that treats patients all over the world for about 1/4 (or less) of what it would cost in the U.S.A.  most all of the doctors and surgeons there had graduated from top medical schools in the USA.   they said rich people from all over the eastern hemisphere go there for medical procedures.   I'm sure you could get gyne surgery done there for $1000 or less.  

the main downfall is if you get a botched surgery and have to sue, you won't be doing it in a U.S. court.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024