Author Topic: Did you lose weight after you lost your breast  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Mothas

• Posting Member
I was wondering if you lose weight after surgery because i noticed my boobs grow significantly if i put on 5-6 pounds of holiday weight or whatever. Currently  5"11 and 170 pounds

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would suppose that a man who entered the operating room with a pair of dd's and came out flat chested would have lost a few pounds. For most people the actual weight loss would be in ounces and not be noticed all that much.
Grandpa Dan

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
i would think a lot of guys would feel more confident with their new physique after surgery and would be highly motivated to get in better shape, thus losing weight, toning up and/or putting on some lean muscle.

another thing from the science perspective is that fat is sorta an 'organ' in the sense that it secretes horomones that aromatize test into estrogen as well as impacting a number of other systems. less fat in your chest post surgery would also be less hormone secreting fat.

from wiki: "adipose tissue has in recent years been recognized as a major endocrine organ[1], as it produces hormones such as leptin, resistin, and the cytokine TNFα. Moreover, adipose tissue can affect other organ systems of the body and may lead to disease. Obesity or being overweight in humans and most animals does not depend on body weight but on the amount of body fat—to be specific, adipose tissue"

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024