Author Topic: Pitutiary Adenoma & Secondary testicular failure  (Read 6305 times)

Offline jrna

• Posting Member
Hello, I have just joined, had lots of problems over the last couple of years and been diagnosed with a Pituitary adenoma, secondary testicular failure,  Low bone density and Gynecomastia amongst other things.
Hi Jrna,
Although not exactly the same problems as you, my experience has been similar.  I had long standing urinary tract infection that finalized with a kidney infection and severe bilateral orchitis. This was incredibly painful as my testes swelled to the size of tennis balls.  That was finely fixed with loads of antibiotics but the testes were half the size they were before things went wrong.  My testosterone dropped to almost nothing while my LH went sky high.  And of course I grew breasts over the next few years.  This was despite taking testosterone regularly. It seems that taking testosterone does not stop the gyne. 

I have since found that my prolactin was high and probably always has been.  I don't have an adenoma and no one seems to know why it is high.  The end result after 15 years and 62 years old is large fully formed female like breasts (finely ending up as D to DD cups on a 38 inch chest) little body hair and a tendency to lactation. I have ended up wearing a front fastening compression type sports bra to make them less obvious (impossible to completely hide) and provide support.  My wife too has been amazing and accepts my condition "as one of those things".   I have now learnt to live with my breasts and they do not really bother me much any more although initially I was frantic in my efforts to hide them.

Best of luck.
JDB

Thanks JDB, I have had chronic orcitis for two years and recently they swelled up like tennis balls to, they don't seem to know why and I am allergic to cypro so there is not much I can do. I have started wearing compression vests and found one or two comfortable garments. I am very self conscious about it and it bothers me a lot.  Onwards and upwards!

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Alchemist,

Thanks for your comments. I may be dumb! I have not got a clue what 'C' is?

J

Sorry I wasn't clear, Vitamin C.

I thought you meant Cocaine!

LOL - Elsewhere I am a big time health food and vitamin/supplement geek and "C" always means vitamin C in my usual circles.  Have fun.  Don't let the breasts get you down.  They affect you only as much as you choose.  The underlying health problems are important to your life so make sure you don't get lost in thew shuffle.  I have spent decades chasing down health problems.  I hope you take care of yours more quickly.   Having breasts has never been a negative with my lady friends and I don't give a damn what men think of my chest.  After having them for 54 years they are just more flesh getting older.  I see people getting all upset at 30th to 40th percentile on size.  That is below average.  It's not the size that matters, it's the mindset.  Somebody doesn't like my chest?  That is THEIR problem.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
How funny.

A sign of my age is the fact that when I was an Air Force Medic we used to keep cocaine powder in the medicine chest. It was not commonly used, but for some things there was not a better local anesthetic.

Do you know how to prepare Morphine for injection? You put a couple of cc's of distilled water and a Morphine tablet in a silver spoon and heat it over an alcohol burner until the water boils and the tablet dissolves. You draw it up into a syringe and usually the cold syringe and the time to walk from the Nurses station to the patients bedside is enough for it to cool so it can be injected without discomfort. A young friend of mine who is a Nursing student accused me of fabricating that, but I actually found an old book that described the procedure.

One thing that has not changed in my lifetime is the fact that gynecomastia is seemingly neither more or less common.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
How funny.

A sign of my age is the fact that when I was an Air Force Medic we used to keep cocaine powder in the medicine chest. It was not commonly used, but for some things there was not a better local anesthetic.

Do you know how to prepare Morphine for injection? You put a couple of cc's of distilled water and a Morphine tablet in a silver spoon and heat it over an alcohol burner until the water boils and the tablet dissolves. You draw it up into a syringe and usually the cold syringe and the time to walk from the Nurses station to the patients bedside is enough for it to cool so it can be injected without discomfort. A young friend of mine who is a Nursing student accused me of fabricating that, but I actually found an old book that described the procedure.

One thing that has not changed in my lifetime is the fact that gynecomastia is seemingly neither more or less common.

Hi Paa Paw,

I remember a bunch of those old small pills that came in 1/4, 1/2 and 1 grain sizes that could all be made into an injectable solution with directions on the bottle.

I would have said that incidence in the 40+ group looks bigger than it used to be BUT maybe I just ignored all those old folks back when I was younger.  I remember how "old" my grandparents looked, and acted, in their 50s.

If I were to actually do a study, enough to satisfy me as a health care analyst, I would do the counts in the Nudist History Archives.  That gets rid of the problem of those hiding from view.  Historic beach and pool pictures could give an idea what the rate of hiding gynecomastia actually is in various decades compared to the nudist pictures which would show a different rate, at least based on my experience.  I would expect more drugs causing more gynecomastia in middle age and later.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024