Author Topic: A rough topic - Suicide  (Read 11457 times)

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
I know this is a very rough topic to talk about, but through different screenings, I am well aware of my clinical depression. Lately, the thought of suicide has been racing through my mind. I know it probably wont happen, but its there. Ive also heard on this board of other users who have spoke about it.

Im not looking for sympathy, but besides my gyne, I have a line of freckles running up my shoulder and up my neck. But only on the right side of my body, not the left. This is another thing that brings me down alot.

Even if I were to get rid of my gyne, I still wouldn't be able to take my shirt off in public.

ASIDE from that ranting, does anyone else ever have the thought of suicide in their mind from their gyne?

I think this would be a good topic to express your feelings

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
yea ive been clinically depressed since i was 10, although I think a lot of that had to do with my parents convincing me I was depressed. This was around the time I started to get a little chubby, although I attribute that to the medecines I was put on. Anyway, I never thought about killing myself until the last 2 years. Usually it is just a fleeting thought when I am especially upset about something, but more recently it has been about my gyne. I will get all worked up at night, then look in the mirror and my gyne will take over my thoughts. I originally had an appointment for last tuesday to get my gyne checked out, but I had just recently quit smoking weed, so for some dumb reason I decided to wait until my yearly checkup, which is on february second. I think quiting weed had some sort of placebo affect and the first couple days I thought that my glandular gyne was getting smaller. Now it only seems to be growing and I am trying to make it through to feb 2nd. The worst part about all of this is it really does seeem to be getting much bigger. It is now all around my breast, not just my aerola, and makes its way to my armpit. A lot of the time I wish it is cancer and that I would just die already. Or that I would just collapse one day and wake up after surgery to get rid of some giant tumor on my chest, and my chest is normal and I can wear white tees. I was really full of hope when I quite smoking, but it seems to almost have the opposite effect that i was hoping for, and now I routinely think about dying etc at night when I look at myself and get all worked up. It used to be about my yellow teeth(which I know know are not yellow, just not perfect white like models), or my genital size(i was late going through puberty, and i am fine now in that department). I hope that makes sense, was kind of a rant.

Offline crabby5

• Posting Member
Are you guys religious?  Once you get God, you realize this superficial stuff really isn't of any importance in the long run.  It may be a bother, but no reason to kill yourself!

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
no offense, but i believe organised religion is awful. I would never be religious. Especially christianity, judaism, islam etc. Maybe buddhism etc thats more about the individual.. but still.. i dont like religion and never will.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I have always hated my Gyne but never contemplated suicide because of it. Why end your life when there is a surgical proceedure to correct the disfigurement.

There is so much to live for! Have the surgery and live life Large!  ;) :D ;)

John.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 05:11:44 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline hypo

This has no relevance as such, but it makes you think a little and perhaps makes you act in a kinder way to yourself...which is no bad thing.

DESIDERATA
Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
And remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly & clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull & ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud & aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain & bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing future of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity & disenchantment
it is perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue & loneliness.
Beyond wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees & the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labours & aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery & broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Offline Spleen

You need psychological counseling.  Your problem isn't really gynecomastia at all.  I've had it for better than 20 years and I'm as happy as a clam.  It's hardly a formula for unhappiness.

It's time to get some help and figure out if it's chemistry, attitude or your personal history that has you thinking wrong.  

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I think it's easy to think about suicide, especially when you're in your late teens and your body is so important. It's really easy to think about it more when you've invested alot of time and committment to a diet and exercise program and it doesn't get rid of the gyne. It's easy to feel so much different than others.

I agree with crabby, religion (for me) helps me realize this condition is no reason to kill yourself, and there is no reason to be.......crabby. ;) ;)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 06:21:47 PM by jc71 »

Offline hypo

Spleen quote
Your problem isn't really gynecomastia at all
Unquote

This is an awful and simplistic diagnosis that may (probably) be entirely wrong!!!!!!!!

Spleen quote
I've had it for better than 20 years and I'm as happy as a clam.
Unquote

I think that is really great spleen, but that is fairly unusual.  Most people with gynecomastia do not feel "happy as a clam"!!!!!!!!!!  

Most people feel very unhappy about it and want to have it disappear.

If you are one of the people who have chosen to deal with it in a different way and live with it, I say all power to you.  But we are all individuals and you should realize that many people feel differently, perhaps more strongly than yourself or maybe even face a greater degree of psychological distress from the condition.

I should add that 10% of all gynecomastia sufferers have testosterone deficiency (hypogonadism) and one the resulting symptoms from this biochemical deficiency is depression.

So it is very important to not be quick to judge.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 06:19:20 PM by hypo »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
yeah, based on that questionnaire/poll i did some time back, i'd say the vast majority of us suffers significant depression (surprise).  

suicide never really occurred to me much till things went utterly bollox with my girlfriend, though not so much now.  the weird thing is, if you read and believe the near death experience stories, which i have, you realize it doesn't make your problems go away and leaves you worse off instead of better >:(

that desiderata has always been a true piece of wisdom however.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Are you guys religious?  Once you get God, you realize this superficial stuff really isn't of any importance in the long run.  It may be a bother, but no reason to kill yourself!

Please keep your proselytizing to yourself. Even if "God" does exist - why would he have let us get this problem in the first place? And that's ignoring how small our problem is compared to worldwide things like poverty etc.
etc.

Offline jc71

As i've said before, I don't think God "gave" us this condition.  I think he gave us the medical community (Doctors, Plastic Surgeons and Endocrinologists (all dr's) to help us get rid of it.

Just a different and certainly more beneficial way of looking at Gods involvement.....if he's involved at all.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 12:23:13 PM by jc71 »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
As i've said before, I don't think God "gave" us this condition.  I think he gave us the Plastic Surgeons and Endocrinologists to help us get rid of it.

Just a different and certainly more beneficial way of looking at Gods involvement.....if any.

Wow, what a great benevolent AND omnipotent "God".. it's fully within his power to stop us having gyne (after all, he IS all powerful).. but no, he made it that much harder by giving us P-Surgeons.. requiring time, money and embarrassment.

What a just "God".

Offline jc71

Okay Dotty, Like I said, this way of looking at gyne works for ME. I never said it'll work for you or even should be considered by you. I'll continue to look at life in a way that supports me. I'm sure you do the same.

C'mon man.  If we don't really know what is, at least we can look at things in whatever way supports us individually.  You do your thing, i'll do mine.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 12:21:43 PM by jc71 »

Offline jc71

yeah sickofgyne, it's just like that. :-/ :-/

He also gave Harry Truman a vision to drop it on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024