Author Topic: Lipo a few years after incision removal?  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Mansueto

Hi there,

I'm a 26 y/o male and I've had surgery approx. 4 yrs ago to remove breast tissue as a result of gynecomastia. Unfortunately there is still some puffiness to the nipples but there is no longer any hard breast tissue that you can feel under the nipples (as was the case before the surgery.) The doctor explained it to me like this:

It is like when you are laying in a hammock, if you remove the person from the hammock, the mass (hard tissue) is removed , but to an extent, the shape of the hammock will stay. He suggested that an option could be to do lipo.

Has anyone had this done after the incision surgery or is it something that typically gets done at the same time as the incision? and my doctor just didn't do it?

What is scarring like after lipo?

Any help, or insights would be appreciated

Thank you

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Lipo and excision are done simultaneously in virtually all of my cases.  If you just had excision, then lipo can indeed be done no matter how many years have elapsed since your initial surgery.  Lipo should be able to remove an residual tissue (you just can't diagnose this by feeling) and also help to re-distribute the skin so that your puffiness should be much better.  And BTW, the lipo scars are virtually insignificant -- usually one 1/8" cut on each side.

Do your homework and locate an experienced gyne surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
im in the same boat,i had incision only and now have puffy nipples with no gland behind them,so now I have to have lipo done when i get the money up :(

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
i had this done two weeks ago, i cant speak to the results as of yet as I am still swollen and evolving. I again have creases across both nipples as I did after excision which eventually went away. Contrary to all the stories I have heard of people looking good then going puffy, On day one i looked much worse than I do now. The pain has actually increased in the second week, on my left hand side in particular. The doctor said he was "very aggresive" to not leave fat behind the nipple. When I squeeze to feel inside, the tissue is very firm, which im guessing is swelling and causing some puffyness. Doctor Jacobs, does this sound normal?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have abolustely no idea of your gyne surgical history, what you look like, etc.  I have not examined you.  Therefore, there is absolutely no way that I could tell you whether this is normal or not -- sorry.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024