Author Topic: MORE 5 Weeks post op PICS  (Read 10539 times)

Banobo

Thanks man. I think come the 5 week mark i can start training again, i'll be 3 weeks this friday so not too long to go. Been slowly getting back into things by doing my abs again but still wanna take it easy.

I'll keep posting photo's as the weeks go on. Things change a lot so it's handy for some to compare etc
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:38:11 AM by Banobo »

Banobo

Hi again folks, I'm away up to see my surgeon for my post op review today so i'll keep you posted on what he says.

Banobo

Hiya folks, I thought i'd update this thread as i've had a fair few ups and downs over the past couple of weeks. I seen my surgeon for my post op review this Wednesday. He thought things were coming along nicely but i felt the need to point out some worries i had that there me be remaining gland. He didn't seem to be concerned as it would improve but i'd tried massaging with no luck really and the way things were looking made my chest look as if gyne was ever presant. Anyway this morning i read an article describing how to break down scar tissue with massage using a kind of light pumping motion with your fingers. Before this i had tried all sorts of methods with no luck which was a little frustrating. So here i was pumping away then i suddenly felt like a popping feeling under the skin. WOW i was freaking as i really wasn't pressing hard at all. Everything settled so quickly and i now have faith that things will be fine, it has came back a little but i now know it's not gyne left in there.

Anyway apart from me voicing my opinion to my surgeon he also said now that i'm 4 weeks post, i can if i want just wear my vest at nights and also start light workouts again weyhey!

Here is the info i read which my help some people on this site in a similar situation.

Manual Lymph Drainage optimizes lymphatic circulation and drainage around the injured area. Gentle, circular, draining motions within the scar itself or a firm stretch to the skin above and below the scar, first in a straight line and then in a circular motion, are two drainage techniques. Placing the fingers above the scar, then making gentle circular pumping motions on the scar also helps drain congested lymph fluid. As the massage therapist gently works down the scar, the tissue will feel softer. Drainage techniques should not hurt or make the scar redden.

Offline mike888

• Posting Member
How do you post your pictures?  I'm having trouble with mine.  It says my files are too big?  Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!

Banobo

I sent u a message as to how i do them. let me know how u get on ok

Offline yehkay

• Posting Member

Banobo

Alright yehkay, i'll get some pics posted today. Things aren't really looking any different to be honest but i often find after massage things settle to a certain degree. My left areola still seems to protrude or puff out so to speak a bit more than the right but as far as the creases are concerened which i had on the right side doesn't seem so much as an issue now.

As everyone says it's now a waiting game. Just putting my efforts into training again.

Banobo

Right here is some pics i've taken justnow, this friday will be 5 weeks post op. Things are looking tip top but one small thing that keeps bugging me which may fade is my left areola/nipple protrudes a bit more that my right which might not be too noticable by photo i can see quite clearly.

I would be really grateful for you guys to post some opinions thanks!

Banobo

This photo might show what i'm talking about a little further or am i really worrying over nothing and do you think this will settle in time?

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Wow, it looks great, almost like you never had the surgery.  I can kind of see what you are talking about with your left nipple, but honestly, you have to look pretty carefully to see the difference.  I think when you look down on it, it is more apparent to you, and since you are so used to noticing your nipples you think it's a bigger deal than it really is.  I think when people are looking directly at you at eye level, no one is going to notice it at all.  The truth is, most people don't have totally flat nipples, there a wide range.  I think all of us are just trying to get into that "normal" range and I think you're definitely there and with no scarring to boot.

How are things along the incision line?  I still have slightly raised, swollen skin all along the incision line and it is making a slight distortion on the nipple.  I can also feel hard tissue right underneath.  Is yours getting better?

Also, are you working out again and at what intensity? 

I'm planning on posting pics this weekend when I can get around to it. 

Banobo

How are things along the incision line?  I still have slightly raised, swollen skin all along the incision line and it is making a slight distortion on the nipple.  I can also feel hard tissue right underneath.  Is yours getting better?

Also, are you working out again and at what intensity? 

Things were really quite swollen like in my earlier pics until i really started working on massage, at one point when i was putting pressure on the incision line on my right side i felt a popping sensation and it went right down. I can feel a lot of scar tissue on both sides as you said hard tissue right under the skin but that gave me hope that things do settle with massage and time.

My surgeon said i can start working out again as intense as i feel comfortable with but not to go crazy, wear my vest if I'm running to aid swelling and if i felt sore at all just to calm down. I have full movement and I'm working out but only about 50% and I'm still a bit shy on pushing my chest. Another couple of weeks and I'd say it's fine to get back to my regular routine.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:26:27 AM by Banobo »

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

Great results banobo ! Perfect !  ;)

Banobo

Thanks gynefor

Always great to hear other peoples opinions after the op. Time to get back to my training routine and move forward from all this.

You've all been a great help over the past few months!

Offline yehkay

• Posting Member
Wow that looks great to me, i think the left one may go down, its a tiny fraction and your only 5 weeks post op. Congrats.

Banobo

Thanks chief. in a minute i'm going to post a couple of pics of me sitting down to show how things dont sit so naturally, like not contoured so well. i've emailed these pics to my surgeon.

Under the skin i can feel what is like remaining gland and in one of the pics you can clearly see my left nipple is puffy. it does my head in at times so any of you or doctors who would like to comment i'd be grateful

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024