Author Topic: Need Help / Advice!!!  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Houston123

Here's my story- tell me what you think...

About 2 days ago, while at work, I noticed a tremendously sensitive feeling when the pens in my shirt pocket rubbed up against my left nipple. I was thinking "WTF? Why is my nipple suddenly SORE?"

I've never had any problem with gynecomastia before. I am 48, not overweight (just a little maybe: 6', 190#), not in great shape, my pecs are starting to sag with age, etc... I think my physique is quite typical for a man my age who doesn't work out.

When I got home from work, I checked it out, and had my wife look at it also. It is only the left nipple. There is definite puffiness, swelling and tenderness under the nipple and radiating out maybe a 1/2 inch around the areola. The puffy area arond the areola is also pink / light red. When massaging the swollen area, it definitely has a more definitive, firmer, rubbery feel to it.

What SHOCKED me was how sudden the onset was. It was as though it happened in a matter of hours!

So, for the past 2 days, I've been reading everything I can get my hands on regarding the subject. The one thing that I cannot find is onset durations... is my case typical??? I wouldn't even say "overnight", more like within hours, this developed...

What really blows me away is that I recently had some routine bloodwork run and my testosterone levels were normal. So, aside from puberty, serious / chronic illnesses, drug use, testicular cancer, or other things that affect male hormone levels, there are few reasons for this to occur. Of course, it is reported that 25% of all cases are idiopathic (=no reason)...

Has anyone out there experienced SUDDEN onset (like I have described), or know of any documented cases like this, or can provide links detailing onset, etc???

I'm trying to locate a good doc in Houston right now to go see for this- I don't want to go to my primary FP (b/c I don't think he is experienced enough). Any referrals or recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

Offline Midwestdude

• Posting Member
I think seeing a doc ASAP is in your best interest.  It may be nothing but don't delay.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024