Author Topic: A question that people who've had the surgery can answer... maybe.  (Read 1635 times)

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
I posted my story here today, I have a post op question. I spoke to my surgeon about what I can do if anything that will help skin tightening up after the vest comes off. I know there is no miracle cure, or real replacement for having the skin cut off if there is too much and it doesnt retract on it's own after a year.. He informed me that creams etc. are a waste of time, the may speed up the healing a bit, but not improve the final result. I asked him about laser treatment after a few months. He said people have had some success using it, but, he won't endorse it, because it hasn't been really proven as an effective treatment. Any suggestions? Anyone tried anything with any success?
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Thats already in the works. I developed a new kind of motivation knowing that I can look good. But, mine is pretty bad and Skin removal leaves some brutal scars, so, I want to see ALL of what I can do to avoid it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024