Author Topic: Severely depressed post op  (Read 2863 times)

Offline james2002

• Posting Member
I had surgery with Levick about 2 weeks ago.

In certain positiions my nipples scrunch up and look very weird. i will try and post pics this week.

I understand it takes time nut i i really dont see how this will go away, the swelling will go down and bruising but i dont see how this will go away as i had large areola and im not sure what to do??

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Honestly, don't worry yourself too much yet, 2 weeks is still VERY early. Try to remember that what your body has been through is in actual fact very traumatic, it's just often not very apparent as the damage has occurred subdermally. Some cuts take longer than 2 weeks to heal, let alone your chest after lipo and excision!

Pictures will definately help everyone see what you're talking about.

Levick is a good surgeon and people have had good results with him from what I can see, so give it a few more weeks before you really start worrying! In the mean time I think phoning him would be a great idea just to see what he says and perhaps to put your mind at ease.

Good luck and keep us updated! :)
Had surgery with Dr. Karidis (London, UK) on 23rd July. Wearing tight t-shirts and looking forward to going swimming!

My experience so far & updates:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18200.msg126755#msg126755

Pictures:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18539.msg127741#msg127741

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Hey man, here's the promised picture of the crinkly effect on my right nipple! As I said, not too worried as this was only 1-day post op!

EDIT:

This is a picture of my own chest, not of the original poster!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:15:09 PM by frozen »

Offline thetodd

It will heal eventually, all you can do is wait

My nipples were slightly folded, i havent got pics your skin has to stretch back into position ... it takes more than two weeks relax and stop looking at it so much

i wasnt even judging my chest till months in, now i think im ready to full get back the gym with a proper routine
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline r1

• Posting Member
How bad was your gyno mate cos I'd much rather have that than gyno!!! Can hardly notice it. Give it time. :)

Offline james2002

• Posting Member
Hi R1 thats not actually my pic, thats a pic posted by another poster. Thanks anyway.

Offline r1

• Posting Member
Oh yeah, sorry I'm stupid. Post a pic up of yuor's mate. Chin up, I know gyno is bad, but I think people worry about it too much. It gets me down from time to time and I'm nervous about having the op. But whatever happens I know that I am still a confident person and I can get women and have come to realise that people really aren't bothered about gyno any where near as much as we think they are!!!

Good luck with the healing.

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Haha sorry James! Put a note next to my picture so people don't get confused and think that's your chest!

Also, as an update, just took off my compression garment and that crinkling effect I had in the picture I posted has disappeared. Seems that it's just because it was 1-day post op!

Get some pics up so we can have a look. :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024