Author Topic: Surgery May 24. When can I hit the beach?!  (Read 2089 times)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Ok, my surgery is scheduled for May 24.  That's already a few weeks into my summer before college.  Typically how long does a well-rested recovery last?  I want to make sure not to strain the muscles or anything as my body is healing, so I'm guessing I'll be sitting around my room for at least a week, doing absolutely nothing but making my girlfriend and mom bring me stuff ;)

Anyway, I know it varies differently for everyone, but how long do you guys think I should expect to wait before I can go shirtless and have no one notice my under-arm scars (my doc's technique doesn't involve excision around the areola).

Here's the thread to my pics so you guys can see my case:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1111344819

Thanks for yall's input.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

DrBermant

Ok, my surgery is scheduled for May 24.  That's already a few weeks into my summer before college.  Typically how long does a well-rested recovery last?  I want to make sure not to strain the muscles or anything as my body is healing, so I'm guessing I'll be sitting around my room for at least a week, doing absolutely nothing but making my girlfriend and mom bring me stuff ;)

Anyway, I know it varies differently for everyone, but how long do you guys think I should expect to wait before I can go shirtless and have no one notice my under-arm scars (my doc's technique doesn't involve excision around the areola).

Here's the thread to my pics so you guys can see my case:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1111344819

Thanks for yall's input.

Recovery after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical techniques, skill of your surgeon, how you heal, and other factors best discussed with your own doctor.  Not only do you need to let tissues heal, but scars that are red can stay darkly pigmented if tanned.  Sun protection can be important.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024