Author Topic: Last time you went swimming  (Read 7584 times)

Offline Wolf_Blitz

• Posting Member
  • Intelligent, knowing, wise and shrewd.
Hey guys,

Summer is upon us and with it is the heat. For my summer job I do deliveries. One of the customers we delivered to yesterday had probably the nicest house and property I've seen with a beautiful swimming pool in the backyard. I wanted to take off my shirt and jump in so bad. This got me thinking. Most of us pre-op guys and perhaps many of you post-op avoid swimming and the beach like it's the plague, always coming up with ridiculous excuses like how we don't want to or that we don't feel too well. So how long have you guys been coming up with these excuses and how long has it been sing you last went swimming? For me, it was about its been about 6 years, the summer before highschool. My friend invited me to a waterpark so I went. I wore a t-shirt the whole time using the typical excuse of trying to prevent a sunburn. But on one of the slides the lifeguard told me no shirts were allowed on the slide. I was so embarrassed when I had to take it off but I quickly held it over my moobs trying to appear if nothing was the matter. I think there were signs that said no t-shirts on those slides so I don't think the lifeguard was trying to embarrass me but rather just doing his job. My friend didn't say anything so I was glad about that.
Hopefully one day I can go swimming again without being embarrassed.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I am over 2 years post-op and have been swimming since the operation. Awesome feeling!

Prior to the operation, I hadn't been swimming since about 14 years of age. Twenty-seven years without swimming  :-\.

I really don't understand why the waterpark would have such a rule. Did the girls have to remove their tops also?  :P

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Djnardu

• Posting Member
Im not really self conscious about myself and never hesitate to take my shirt off. I do know that my Gyne isnt as bad as others but its there. Ive come to realize that we pay more attention and worry about ourselves then anyone else does. Most people dont care "its not high-school anymore =P.

To me who the hell cares its my body and I live with it.

Offline Wolf_Blitz

• Posting Member
  • Intelligent, knowing, wise and shrewd.

I really don't understand why the waterpark would have such a rule. Did the girls have to remove their tops also?  :P

GB

Haha, I wish! I don't know why they had the rule. It was just that slide though. Maybe they didn't want some kid's shirt getting caught on one of the connection points in the slide, having it pull over his head and getting tangled in it and then drowning when he lands in the pool at the bottom. Perhaps I am even just adding that bit to my memory of it  as justification for the guy who told me to take it off.

Djnardu, I wish I had your confidence.

Offline flex1appeal

Last time I went was about 2 years ago to a water park and I had a top on as well and was asked to remove it before I went down. I was not excited about them asking me to do so. I put the shirt back on once I hit the bottom. I think it would be lovely to ask the females to take their tops off as well

Offline orion5

• Posting Member
Went swimming for the first time in many years yesterday, it was a great feeling!

Offline JeepKuntry

• Posting Member
Went swimming a bunch of times 2 years ago.  I had gyno that was noticeable.  I wear a t-shirt and pull on it right when my chest is outta the water.  When we go skiing/kneeboarding I have my own life vest that I keep on.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Last summer on a cruise. Went swimming several times and also used the Jacuzzi/Hot tub.

I gave up wearing a tee for such things long ago when I realized that my efforts to hde my breasts were actually calling attention to them.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
...I gave up wearing a tee for such things long ago when I realized that my efforts to hde my breasts were actually calling attention to them.

Ain't it so...  I wish more of us would realize that sooner. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Djnardu

• Posting Member
Exactly! Like I said our Gyne isnt something to flaunt around, but isnt something to be ashamed of. Most people dont care, most people dont even notice. We all have different bodies and people understand. Ive never once had anybody point it out to me or say something to me.

Dont be afraid to take off your shirt, instead think of it like any other nervous thing. Roller-coasters, movies, presentations. Our bodies are exactly the same. Once we make the initial leap of faith and are brave enough, afterwards do it is easy. Nobody rly cares and friends dont ever say anything if their your friends.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
about as long as i've had it, around 1980.  i did go once about 10 years after that at night in a lake when nobody was around, but not since. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
I go swimming quite regularly and I go to the beach every summer, although I have gynecomastia.Yes, my case is pretty mild and I don't think people always look at another man's chest; anyway I simply don't care about what people can think about my chest and   the reason why I want to get the op is to feel totally fine in my body, which is really good shaped with the exception of my chest.
You can find the success before sweating only on your dictionary.

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
I havent been swimming since it was compulsary in my career training. However, Now i'm a post-op :D I will be straight down the pool to celebrate in 8-10 weeks! Can't wait!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Grandpa how soon did you hit the pool post op, I have a vacation July 14th wondering if i will be ready, should be 5 weeks post op

5 months...  Had surgery in the February and went swimming at my Brother-In-Law's house in the July.

You should be okay at 5 weeks. However, be careful of how you stretch your arms while splashing around...  ;)

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It was a great feeling!

Aint it the truth...  ;)

The simple things that others take for granted huh?

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024