Author Topic: I Just Had Surgery Today!! 7/28  (Read 3786 times)

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
It went sooo well. For some reason, I was very relaxed this morning before surgery. I then took Valium and became super relaxed. I felt so good =) After I did a quick physical (height, weight, blood pressure, blood sample, urine sample, answered some questions etc), I changed into my gown and relaxed in a comfortable chair for a little bit. Dr. Placik came and met with me and took some before pictures of me. He alo talked about the procedure (lipo and gland excision), and answered my questions.. I walked into the operating room, they laid me on the bed, and the last thing I remember is the anesthesiologist putting something into the IV and saying "Now this is the good stuff, you're gonna love it."

Then, I woke up, feeling very comfortable with warm blankets in a bed in a waiting area. After about 15 minutes I was fully awake, but still feeling kinda drugged up. There was no pain whatsoever. The Dr. quickly showed me my chest (which looked flat, and not all bloody or anything) and then I rested for a little while longer. The nurse wheeled me out to my dads car and we drove home, just like that. I am now sitting here in bed, wearing my vest, with just about zero discomfort. I really cannot believe how smoothly this went. It was a fun experience. I am looking foward to healing and seeing the results!! Another former gyno victim here!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 02:11:32 PM by LMC1307 »
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

Offline jessegyne

• Posting Member
wow   :o  ;D I'm glad everything went right and smoothly that helps for me cause i'm scare of surgery :'(

Offline omega

• Silver Member
wow.. congrats man. i hope my story is just as smooth.

Offline normexcept

• Bronze Member
congratulations, man.  I can't wait to be in your shoes.

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys, it feels good for sure. I have never had surgery, but with the drugs they give you and all that, before surgery and after surgery you are just completely fine. Don't be scared at all, this is the easiest thing ever. The most pain during the whole thing was when they took a blood sample from me... lol. Everyone is there for you and it feels good to be so pampered. Also, I am lucky that I don't have any drains to deal with. The hardest part is getting in and out of bed, becuase you can't use your hands and stuff to lay down, because that would be putting too much pressure on ur chest. But other than that, this is a peice of cake. Just can't wait to see the results down the road!

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Haha yes they have been sucked right out of me. It will be nice just taking it easy for the next couple weeks, I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024