Author Topic: very confused  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Bob2000

• Posting Member
A few months ago i started using a topical DHT inhibitor called revivogen and about a month and a half later i noticed i had developed gynocomastia. I stopped using the product but it didnt help the gyno disappear. The maker swears its impossible for his product to have caused my condition. Ive been to an endocrinologist and she says all my hormones are normal aside of slightly elevated prolactin.  This revivogen is made from fatty acids like Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA), and Linoleic Acid and are essential fatty acids found in plant oils. It seems rather strange for a topical to cause gynocomastia due to its inability to enter the blood stream in large enough amounts. Does anyone know if this is possible? Btw i was on propecia once, after one month i developed gyno, and when i stopped, the condition went away.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
A few months ago i started using a topical DHT inhibitor called revivogen and about a month and a half later i noticed i had developed gynocomastia. I stopped using the product but it didnt help the gyno disappear. The maker swears its impossible for his product to have caused my condition.

Both of the following paragraphs are from the 'Revivogen' website....

"According to medical terms DHT or dihydrotestosterone is a by product of testosterone found both in males and to a lesser extent in females. DHT is believed to be the key androgenic hormone, as its primary role is to develop a male’s primary sex characteristics during embryonic life. It is also responsible for the development majority of the secondary sex characteristics of males during their puberty stage and continues to play an important role in male sexual function in the latter years of life."

"The main active ingredients in the Revivogen formula have been scientifically proven to reduce the production of DHT by blocking the activity of the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme. This enzyme converts testosterone to DHT and is present in the hair follicles and scalp at high levels. Other ingredients in Revivogen block the androgen receptors and stimulate hair growth."

How can the maker say that it's 'Impossible' for their product to cause Gynecomastia when Revivogen's intended purpose is to lower DHT levels? (Messing with your hormones...)

GB 

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024