Author Topic: What should I do?  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Franklin23

• Posting Member
I had a gynecomastia surgery a little over three years ago.  After the surgery, I started noticing that when I flexed my chest muscle, it seemed to indent quite noticeably.  Some time went by before I eventually made another appointment to ascertain why this was happening.  My surgeon told me that my chest muscle was detached and we scheduled surgery to fix it.  A few weeks after surgery I began slightly flexing to see if everything was back to normal, and wouldn’t it figure, it was doing the same thing.

I just got back from another appointment to check on the progress and I basically showed him that there was little improvement.  He told me there’s really nothing I can do about it and that I should lift to build up scar tissue…

First of all, im not a body builder, I don’t lift incredible amount of weight on a weekly basis, why is my chest muscle “detached”?  Secondly, isn’t it a bit peculiar that upon getting surgery for the first time, this happened?

I decided on surgery because I hated how I looked without a shirt on.  I was extremely insecure about it and wanted it fixed.  Now not a day passes that I don’t regret having the surgery, it’s been absolute hell. 

My question is what should I do?  Is it logical to suspect that he may of made a mistake during the surgery?  How can a simple procedure like that end up causing my chest muscle to detach?

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Franklin, An indentation or cancave look when flexing is one of the risks with gyno surgery. I have never heard of a "detached muscle", and unless i'm missing something, it sounds like misinformation from your surgeon. What most likely happened is he went too far with the lipo/ excision. An experienced gyne surgeon will leave a little gland and fat to avoid a concave depression. Still thats no gaurantee.

Offline Franklin23

• Posting Member
The second surgery was to re-attach the muscle.  Im not making this up.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The second surgery was to re-attach the muscle.

What was it 'detached' from?  ???

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i wonder if he means it was attached on each side to the gyne?  but you would think this was all above the muscle layer. 

if the guy's a cosmetic surgeon, he's got to care a little about bad results, especially if you spoke with the board that certifies him. 

worst case scenario, more gyne-competent docs often remediate the botches of generalists who think they can do anything without researching technique.  but you could try encouraging him to find out whether he really could fix this, assuming you still trust him. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline MSJ108

I am sorry you are going through all this. You have any pictures so we can get a better idea of your issue?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024