Author Topic: Surgery!!!  (Read 2374 times)

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
Hi, i was just wondering the summer months are comming soon and im going to jamaica june 4th.  is there any possibility of surgery and good amount of recovery before june 4th hits?  as much as i want this surgery done and i just told my mom today and found a surgeon who performs many of these operations a month in my area i dont want this to take away from my summer with my friends.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
8 weeks eh....  that's cutting a tad short....

But then, everyone heals at differing rates... maybe you'll get lucky...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
be patient as in wat. recovery? and wat do u mean by lift?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

be patient as in wat. recovery?

Yes...

and wat do u mean by lift?

prolly.... lifting weights at the gym...

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

8 weeks is plenty of time.

It has been reported that some are still swollen at 12 weeks.

We all heal at different rates my friend. Some heal relatively quick, while others take months to recover. There are many factors that play a part in the time it takes for one to fully recover from GRS.

GB

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
thank you, any other opinions?

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Hi, i was just wondering the summer months are comming soon and im going to jamaica june 4th.  is there any possibility of surgery and good amount of recovery before june 4th hits?  as much as i want this surgery done and i just told my mom today and found a surgeon who performs many of these operations a month in my area i dont want this to take away from my summer with my friends.

I'd say no.  But it depends on your gyne case...if you have some minor puffy nips and go to an excellent surgeon then you might get away with it...if you have full on breasts then no way.  Even if you DO recover that fast, you must keep the scars out of the sun for quite a while until they mature properly so going on a summer holiday might not be helpful there. 
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is approximately 8 weeks before June 4th.  If you can get in to a doctor and schedule your surgery soon, then you should be in decent shape to go to Jamaica.  Obviously, you will be far from healed, but you should be able to swim, participate in some sports and yes, even go out in the sun.  I usually recommend sun block on your chest and very strong sunblock on your scars.

I have had many patients who had a similar schedule and they were able to enjoy themselves within 8 weeks or so after surgery.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024