Author Topic: puffy nipple post surgery  (Read 3320 times)

Offline MyName

• Posting Member
Hello,

I had surgery done in July of '06 at 41 years old. Never thought I needed lipo as I was always relatively thin and in good shape. However, doc recommended that I have it done along with the partial gland removal, pointing out "some excess skin" on my chest. I have had PN since my teens...left side larger than right.
Initially things seemed OK. However, I went back for a follow up visit and the doctor said that the left nipple was puffier than normal. He injected it with something to break down whatever was in there and it did seem to work.
Less than a year after the surgery I started to notice a slight increase in the size of my left nipple. Now, nearly two years after the surgery I would say the size has increased to at least 50% of the original size. Definitely NOT worth the $6k I paid.
I questioned the compression "wrap" that was given to me following the surgery. It was constantly moving down throughout the day and was being held to my t-shirts with safety pins. (the advice from my doc).
I understand that the compression following the surgery is critical in keeping swelling down, etc. Not sure if this is the root of my problem. I haven't gone back to my Dr. because...well, I just have not gone back to him.
My question is, "Has anyone else had a similar experience?"

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024