Author Topic: Having Surgery...Awake!  (Read 5529 times)

Offline Jdowg

• Bronze Member
Ok, im going to my local doctor thursday, 2 days, to get my chest checked out. FINALLY.
Well ive been watching videos of surgery, seems like an easy procedure, you can even be awake for it. I know they give numbness stuff but can you still feel any of it? Besides, i dont want to be awake when someone is yanking my nipple around to get that stuff out lol seems painful, but i doubt you feel a thing.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Most doctor's use either general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation to put you to sleep.  There are those that only use local, but it doesn't seem to be very common.  I sure has hell wouldn't want to be awake.  It was so nice falling asleep on the table and then waking up in a comfy chair wrapped in blankets feeling all relaxed and loopy :D .

Offline yankeepride4life

• Posting Member
I was awake and i did feel a little pain and a little tickleing. it was weird

Offline rashdudes

• Bronze Member
reading the title first thing that came to my mind was 'Anesthesia Awareness' :D

Offline MSJ108

Many get the surgery done "awake". If you want request you are put fully "out". From what people have said though while they were awake they felt NO pain.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Yeah, I'm sure most docs would numb up the area first before inserting the local anesthesia needle.  My doc even numbed up my arm with a extrememly small needle before he inserted the much larger IV needle.  I was happy for that....I don't like needles.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
i had first surgery under general and the revision awake.  I preferred awake because I drove home right away.  it is actually quite a painless, enjoyable experience. 

Offline Jdowg

• Bronze Member
I'd honestly do whatever just to get it over with, with good results. Im going to a doctor in about an hour to have it checked out.  ;D

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
i saw a video on youtube, where the guy was awake.

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
i just had my surgery yesterday and i was awake.... i was kicking it to the nurse while they were doing my precudure.... i thought they were gonna kock me out since they gave me 1 of those breathing masks but i geusse it was just for me to look cool lol... but that nurse was hot

Offline Jdowg

• Bronze Member
haha, i went and had an appointment today were the PA was pretty hot, kinda embarrassed me lol. I went in and he told me i do have gyne, anyone with eyes could see it, but next we are going to a plastic surgeon local to see what he thinks, if all goes well, surgery will be in a few weeks!

Offline MSJ108

i just had my surgery yesterday and i was awake.... i was kicking it to the nurse while they were doing my precudure.... i thought they were gonna kock me out since they gave me 1 of those breathing masks but i geusse it was just for me to look cool lol... but that nurse was hot

Hot nurses kick as$   :-*

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.

lol ;D
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024