Author Topic: gland to remain  (Read 2173 times)

Offline user87

• Silver Member
i have a mild case of puffy nipples ... yesterday my PS told me that he wants to cut out 80% to 90% of the gland?? so that means that 10 -20% will remain! could that mean that my nipples will still look puffy after the surgery or is that enough to get flat nipples.
maybe one of the PS here in the forums could tell how much percent of the gland is taken out at an average and if 80 to 90 percent are enough!

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
I am not doc, but leaving some gland is good.  Too much removed leaves a concave or bowl like chest, not good.

Sounds like you doc knows what he is doing.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
this seems to be a fairly standard approach, it is normal for a man to have small amount of gland which is prob so thin it isn't noticeable. hopefully your doctor has a good understanding of how much gland to leave to give a natural result.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Two very good responses already, So I have nothing to add except my agreement.
Grandpa Dan

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
If breast tissue is taken out, the skin can amazingly adapt, and depending on your body fat %'s, age, and overall health, the skin will retract in over time and form new tightness where the gland was taken out.  But some here have reported after gland excision that they still have puffy nipples, which usually go away after swelling stops, and the skin adapts.
But there is a small percentage of guys who have reported that puffyness is still around years after surgery.  This is best discussed with your doctor.

Offline user87

• Silver Member
thx

does that mean that all men have some gland behind the nipples?
because if not it would mean that those who have no gland would all have concave nipples

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
all guys are born with glandular tissue/nips... why? b/c when the fetus is growing the sex organs come in later.  guys have no use of the glandular tissue nor nipples.

i'd prefer to have 100% of gland removed. if the skins retracts and adhears to the muscle wall post surgery - perfect. IMO, inverted nipples would be a million % improvement over gyne, and leaving glandular tissue behind is just asking for reoccurance. (maybe it's job security?)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024