Author Topic: Smart Lipo  (Read 2937 times)

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Anyone know about this laser zapping technique?....does it work with Gyno?

Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Lipo has been around just long enough that there are many variations. The situation is rendered more complex because a single method may have several different names.

Instead of paying too much attention to the name of the method, You would be wise to pay greater attention to the Qualifications and Certification of the Surgeon.
Grandpa Dan

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member
Lipo has been around just long enough that there are many variations. The situation is rendered more complex because a single method may have several different names.

Instead of paying too much attention to the name of the method, You would be wise to pay greater attention to the Qualifications and Certification of the Surgeon.

I agree

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Smart Lipo uses a laser under the skin to melt fat -- it does not affect gland tissue. The liquified fat is usually removed with standard suction techniques.  Its main claim to fame is that it helps the skin to tighten -- but I always see chest skin tighten without a laser.  The one possible problem with Smart Lipo is the potential to burn the skin from underneath -- a few cases have been reported.

While this machine may work for gyne, it is now being hyped because it is a "laser" and therefore "hi-tech.   In my opinion, it does not do anything more than my standard aggressive lipo technique can do -- without the possibility of burns.  And the docs who are using it have to charge handsomely to cover the costs of a laser that runs around $150K to buy.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024