Author Topic: Advice?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline whoknows

• Posting Member
I don't believe in writing long paragraphs anymore on boards so...

I'm 18 now

Cliffs in order of what I did:

-used to be overweight (Ages 13-17) not too too bad but still overweight and eating poorly. Had moobs but dont know if I had gyno.. at this time I was deep into alcohol-marijuana (fuckin high-school)
-was 180lbs I believe then over a course of 5-7 months cut to 140lbs
-still had puffy nipples
-started a real clean diet and weight training; thinking bench was my secret to success. wrong now I guess.
-I went from 140lbs -> 157-160 lbs over 5 months, and in that time now seeing top 2 abs (not clear defined but there). The reasoning: if I could build upper body mass, it would go away.
-when I'm cold my chest looks COMPLETELY normal and GOOD.
-So basically I have a semi-teens BF (probably 12-15%) and still have puffy nipples and went to the doc.
-He said "it would be premature to do surgery, just wait" although I've felt like I've lived with it long enough
-when I push my nipples out and feel it there is something hard on the right side but not so much on the left. the right is WAY worse than the left

So, deep down inside I want to do surgery but the people around me say to wait. I hate it, im always self-conscious in public places despite all my hard work (diet, exercise, etc).

I dont agree with my doctor at all, I think I need surgery because I'm just fuckin sick of it all, I'm confined to a few dark t-shirts. Shit one year I seriously wore one hoody all year every single day ROFL. That was horrible

My doc. did a few tests via blood, LH, FSH, glucose fasting, something else. I asked what my test. was and he said a normal one is between 2-8 and mine is 4.

I know this has been asked before and im guessing its a no, but Nolvadex and rebound xt? waste of money?

Also, how bad are the Post-surgery scars? Directly noticable? Do they fade away? I saw Bermants pictures and it looks like no scarring but that can't be the case?

Thanks....  :(

Offline impervious

• Posting Member
I'm really can't assess your situation without pictures however I will say that estrogen blockers such as Nolvadex are a waste.  If you have gyno, it will not do much.  They are typically used by bodybuilders to prevent gyno from forming when they are off an anabolic steriod (from what I understand).

If the PS suggest that you hold out then do so for as long as possible... Get a second or third opinion in the meantime. 

Offline whoknows

• Posting Member
I'm really can't assess your situation without pictures however I will say that estrogen blockers such as Nolvadex are a waste.  If you have gyno, it will not do much.  They are typically used by bodybuilders to prevent gyno from forming when they are off an anabolic steriod (from what I understand).

If the PS suggest that you hold out then do so for as long as possible... Get a second or third opinion in the meantime. 

havent talked to a PS yet. only my family doc.

DrBermant

I don't believe in writing long paragraphs anymore on boards so...

I'm 18 now

Cliffs in order of what I did:

-used to be overweight (Ages 13-17) not too too bad but still overweight and eating poorly. Had moobs but dont know if I had gyno.. at this time I was deep into alcohol-marijuana (fuckin high-school)
-was 180lbs I believe then over a course of 5-7 months cut to 140lbs
-still had puffy nipples
-started a real clean diet and weight training; thinking bench was my secret to success. wrong now I guess.
-I went from 140lbs -> 157-160 lbs over 5 months, and in that time now seeing top 2 abs (not clear defined but there). The reasoning: if I could build upper body mass, it would go away.
-when I'm cold my chest looks COMPLETELY normal and GOOD.
-So basically I have a semi-teens BF (probably 12-15%) and still have puffy nipples and went to the doc.
-He said "it would be premature to do surgery, just wait" although I've felt like I've lived with it long enough
-when I push my nipples out and feel it there is something hard on the right side but not so much on the left. the right is WAY worse than the left

So, deep down inside I want to do surgery but the people around me say to wait. I hate it, im always self-conscious in public places despite all my hard work (diet, exercise, etc).

I dont agree with my doctor at all, I think I need surgery because I'm just fuckin sick of it all, I'm confined to a few dark t-shirts. Shit one year I seriously wore one hoody all year every single day ROFL. That was horrible

My doc. did a few tests via blood, LH, FSH, glucose fasting, something else. I asked what my test. was and he said a normal one is between 2-8 and mine is 4.

I know this has been asked before and im guessing its a no, but Nolvadex and rebound xt? waste of money?

Also, how bad are the Post-surgery scars? Directly noticable? Do they fade away? I saw Bermants pictures and it looks like no scarring but that can't be the case?

Thanks....  :(

There is a thin muscle just under the areola that flattens puffed nipple gynecomastia when contracted. When relaxed the normal shape of the deformity returns.  It does not take much to deform the male look. 

Scars seen on my website are typical for my patients.  Each doctor has his / her own techniques and skills.  You can see many examples of such scars Nipple Areola Pictures before and after gynecomastia and the other gallery links found on that page.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024