Author Topic: Need some MAJOR advice?  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
I am going through some real psycological battles right now... its hard to explain.

I am starting to say to my self 'Do I even have gyne?' 'Am I over exagerrating this whole gyne thing?' Maybe I should try and lose more weight?

I think I have depression as this is through my mind when I wake up, when I am driving, when I am in lectures, when I am talking, when I go to sleep etc etc. I keep on thinking in the back of my mind is getting rid of my gyne going to solve anything for me?

I am now thinking of just booking a consultation with Levick and telling him these things and also ask him if it is only fat then I wont have surgery. I think I need to see a psychiatrist.

Should I pay the £80 for the consultation and ask Levick these questions? Did anyone out there feel like me?

*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Surely your own GP would advise you what it is, and the diagnosis would be £80 cheaper.

If he/she confirm it is Gyne then go and see Levick.
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Surely your own GP would advise you what it is, and the diagnosis would be £80 cheaper.

If he/she confirm it is Gyne then go and see Levick.

I have been to my GP and to a surgeon in a hospital (NHS), they have both said the same thing:

'There seems to be more gland on your left side than right...'

However I have lost a little weight and surprisingly my breasts seem to have decreased as they dont poke out much in t-shirts. They are still slightly noticeable but not as much as a year ago.

I am going to phone the Priory Hospital tommorow and hopefully pluck up the courage to book an appointment for a consultation.

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Also I have been waiting around 3-4 months just for a breast scan on the NHS...

Would Levick be able to determine whether I 100% do or do not have it quickly?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hope...

Have you posted any recent pics?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
No, I will post new pics when ever I get the chance.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Oky-doke...  ;)

GB

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The greatest indication that you are not nuts is your suspicion that you may be. A true candidate for the funny farm rarely believes that they have a problem but suspects that everyone else is odd.

You probably have no need for a Psychiatrist, but a Psychologist may be of help.

Meantime, you need a professional opinion from someone who can be 100% impartial about your condition. This person would have to be someone who has nothing to gain or lose by being perfectly honest and candid with you. Obviously this would leave out any family, friends, or professionals who might profit from your condition.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
agree.  extremely few guys who don't have gyne, even mild cases, ask the question.  puffies and mild cases get the same grief in school and still pull at their shirts, even if severe cases tell them it's "nothing" or they wish they could trade.  gyne is gyne. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Ryuuk

• Posting Member

Obviously this would leave out any family, friends, or professionals who might profit from your condition.

So, us and supporting doctors

Offline cm18

• Posting Member
I am going through some real psycological battles right now... its hard to explain.

I am starting to say to my self 'Do I even have gyne?' 'Am I over exagerrating this whole gyne thing?' Maybe I should try and lose more weight?

I think I have depression as this is through my mind when I wake up, when I am driving, when I am in lectures, when I am talking, when I go to sleep etc etc. I keep on thinking in the back of my mind is getting rid of my gyne going to solve anything for me?

I am now thinking of just booking a consultation with Levick and telling him these things and also ask him if it is only fat then I wont have surgery. I think I need to see a psychiatrist.

Should I pay the £80 for the consultation and ask Levick these questions? Did anyone out there feel like me?

Currently I'm feeling the same way as you

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024