Author Topic: This vest is driving me nuts! Bad itching! Help  (Read 3623 times)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
The constant irritation and itching from this vest is really driving me insane.  I woke up at like 2:30am (was asleep at 1am) and now I'm awake again at 5am and every time I lay down I just can't stand to sit still.

Bambu, I noticed that you had some sort of wrapping.  Could I maybe pick up an ACE bandage from Walgreens and just wrap that + the foam padding around my chest instead?  The way the vest is it's difficult to stand straight or move my arms and it's being a real pain in the ass.

Would a bandage rather than vest improve my itching or am I fucked either way?  I read through some older posts that mentioned 'phantom itching' (itching in numb parts that won't go away) and that seems to be what I'm having because when I take it off and scratch with a paper towel, I can't seem to find the same spot.

Anyway, I guess there's not a whole lot I can do but if there is someone please give me some suggestions.  Maybe I can replace the foam with something softer, or perhaps just remove it completely?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 01:18:12 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
Same prob... im waking up to this crap.... I thought it meant something like it was growing back or something... I was thinking of putting baby powder on my skin b4 the vest... I duno if its gonna work just an idea...What are these foam pads all about??? I dont have any.. and where can i get some... I guess they help make the vest more tight???

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The constant irritation and itching from this vest is really driving me insane.

Bambu, I noticed that you had some sort of wrapping.  

Maybe I can replace the foam with something softer, or perhaps just remove it completely?

The tensor wrap that the hospital sent me home with got very itch real quick. I took the tensor and foam pads off on day 3 PO. I bought a 'Dale Ab Binder' for comprssion on the chest. Didn't bother putting the pads back on either. The Ab Binder had adequate compression, was put on and taken off with ease, was not restraining and caused no itching!

John.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 06:06:51 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nukem2k5

My mom had an extra ab thing (that you wear to sweat more) that's made mostly out of stretchy neoprene (and polyester).  This may work if I use the foam pads underneath because that rubber would irritate the hell out of my skin.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Itching is par for the course, unfortunately. You just have to grin and bear it. Follow your doctors instructions remember..
etc.

Offline nukem2k5

doddy and John, how long did you wear your compression for?

Also, would this work the same as your Dale Ab Binder, John?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jhtml?id=prod4845&skuid=sku304845&CATID=100126&navAction=push&navCount=0

I'd feel kind of stupid having already paid for this vest in my surgery fee and then paying another $30 for that.  
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 08:35:19 AM by nukem2k5 »

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Maybe its the material your vest is made out of. I had no itching problems, and I wore my vest for 6 weeks, for at least 23 hours a day.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024